Battery drain while charging

xfiresoui

Reaction score
My droid is running Froyo 2.2 and Flash 10.1, when I watch streamed tv on it while it is charging, the battery life slowly drains until the phone shuts off due to complete loss of battery life. Shouldn't this be impossible while it is charging. Both times this has happened I had it charging in a different way. First time, directly connected to the USB of a computer and after about 3 hours of streaming "the Office" it died. 2nd occassion, I had the phone connected and charging on my media dock station. It took about 4-5 hours of streaming to kill it this time. I dont understand why this would happen to a constantly charging phone. Any answers?? Thanks :)

hapster

Reaction score
Not impossible at all, obviously. What you're doing is draining it faster than it can recharge.

Sent from my Moto Droid

OP
X

xfiresoui

Reaction score
Right, but being connected to a constant power source should void the possibility of draining at all. At least that is what I thought having something connected to a power source did. Like a battery operated radio, when plugged in, does not have the possibility of dying and not working at all while still connected to the same power source.

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
You are thinking in the perspective of an AC power device like a tv. Your phone was intended to run primarily on battery and isn't capable of keeping a continuous AC power stream for operation.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk