battery died mid day - apps causing this?

mchoffa

Reaction score
so my wife's droid died today midday while she was at work. it had 50% charge this morning, she left it sitting beside her on the desk and picked it up to call me at lunch and it was dead. nothing would work to get it to come back on... battery pull, reset, etc.

I took her charger to her and she plugged it in... it came on and said 5% battery life...

she doesn't have as much as I do as far as apps, and I use my phone all the time.

the only thing she has running/syncing is gmail and google voice, but so do I and I have other things too...

would WiFi or GPS possibly run the battery down quickly if it couldnt get a signal?

I know my old chocolate would die if I left it on and was in a dead zone up in the mountains, because it constantly searched for a signal, draining the battery 3 times as fast as when i would be talking on it...

I'm just glad she was at work next to another phone, and not out somewhere where she might have needed to get ahold of me or someone else...

DaHarder

Reaction score
GPS would kill that sucker pretty darned quickly...

Happy DROIDing​

showtime2k

Reaction score
Mine is dying quickly as well.. I took it off the charger this morning with a full charge at about 7:30. By 9:00 this morning I was down to 70%!!! The only thing I did was send a few txt messages, no phone calls, didn't download anything from market, no games, no playing media, Wifi turned off.

I have advanced task killer, and before i left home I made sure the only tasks running where messaging, settings, a battery widget, and I also have the beautiful widgets HTC style clock/weather widget running. No way should my battery be down to 70% in less than 2 hrs.

richelesro

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue today. The phone was at 100% a couple of hours ago, and now it's at 30%. According to the battery use screen, com.adroid.email is what's using it. I can't figure it out since there's no emails going around.

y6y6y6

Reaction score
One tip - If you are wondering what is eating up your battery, the Droid keeps track of that. Go to settings > about phone > battery use. It will give you a chart showing where the power went. For me it seems the screen is using most of the power, but I twiddle with it all day, so that's no surprise.

This display is showing the power use since you last charged up the phone.