Battery Charging Problem

mach330

Reaction score
so my wife's droid battery is having some problems. i bought her an extra battery from vzw so she has two to interchange. she basically used the phone til the battery went out. tried to charge it and the moto logo stayed for the whole night. the logo would appear and disappear, but the battery never charged. she was able to charge the other working battery but this battery doesn't seem to charge. i find it hard to believe it is the battery. i wish i had a separate battery charger only to verify. is there anything else i can check? i also tried to make the default setting of the phone thru setCpu (as i thought that might be the problem). it didn't do anything. any ideas?

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If one battery charges fine and the other doesn't, it's most likely a battery problem. Exchange it.

OP
mach330

mach330

Reaction score
Ok so its not the battery. I decided to do the unthinkable. I unrooted the droid and low and behold the battery charged. I'm perplexed on how unrooting will do this. Especially since one battery can charge and the completely dead battery cannot. Has anyone try to charge a completely dead battery on a rooted phone? Great now I gotta figure out how to root 2.1.

geetarspaz

Reaction score
not that this is important, but when i had my iphone, it did that one time when it 'crashed' stayed on the main logo for days till the battery was out