Battery Case & Extended Battery

doomer4life

Reaction score
Was looking at this battery and also at getting an Otterbox Defender case I saw someone say in a previous thread to remove the battery cover and I am fine with doing that but it looks to me like the cover and the battery are attached so can they actually be removed?

freezyfreaky

Reaction score
Was looking at this battery and also at getting an Otterbox Defender case I saw someone say in a previous thread to remove the battery cover and I am fine with doing that but it looks to me like the cover and the battery are attached so can they actually be removed?

This is not going to work. In the other threads when they were referring to the extended battery, they were referring to the OEM extended battery BH6X. The BH6X is only a few millimeters bigger than the standard BH5X. The Seidio extended battery you are looking at is MUCH bigger. You will not be able to use the Otterbox case with it.

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
...And even if you had the BH6X, you'd need to remove the battery cover, yes.

Source(s):

Selling my Otterbox Defender on eBay b/c the damn thing won't fit. :/

hoppyjr

Reaction score
I had the Defender for my Droid X and it fits just fine with the extended battery and door. On the other hand, the case didn't work for me for other reasons - the outer rubber covering would simply not stay in place. This is not representative of Otterbox products, as they are normally outstanding. Otterbox customer service did agree to exchange it for another Commuter, which will work fine for us. Both fit with the extended battery, even though the website shows they do not.

zero7404

Reaction score
i'm thinking about getting the X (coming from a D2G w/extended batt & otterbox commuter) ...

from what i'm reading here, the BH6X will allow the case to go on without the battery door ....

so if i do the DX, going with the Otterbox commuter or an Incipio Silicrylic, i won't have an issue using this battery without the supplied door ?