Case that works with extended battery

mac16

Reaction score
I looked and did not see a thread dedicated to this so I thought it would be a nice addition. I just got my extended battery in the mail today and am having a tough time deciding what to do as far as a case goes. ( The extended battery I am talking about is the one from verizon wireless BH6X)

Some people are saying you can use the regular battery cover and still use your same case but it is obvious you shouldn't do that or they wouldn't make a different cover for the extended battery.

If anyone has came up with any good solutions or fits please post pics or lincs.

Thanks in advance for the help!

How about one of these rubber case? I like it, and i can have the phone facing down and screen wont touch the surface. I paid around 6 bucks or 5 something with free shipping off ebay which the location of the seller is at cali. I like it and its kindof thick. I also baught screen protectors from ebay also came around 11 dollars for both but i baught it from two sellers.

Got it from BLACK SOFT GRID CASE COVER FOR MOTOROLA DROID X MB810 - eBay (item 300454127527 end time Aug-09-10 16:01:05 PDT)

that looks nice, also with the pattern on the back it looks like it really grips to your hand? I definitely need that because this thing is such a beast in my hand and I don't want to drop it, need something with a lot of grip.

rcjames

Reaction score
I looked and did not see a thread dedicated to this so I thought it would be a nice addition. I just got my extended battery in the mail today and am having a tough time deciding what to do as far as a case goes. ( The extended battery I am talking about is the one from verizon wireless BH6X)

Some people are saying you can use the regular battery cover and still use your same case but it is obvious you shouldn't do that or they wouldn't make a different cover for the extended battery.

If anyone has came up with any good solutions or fits please post pics or lincs.

Thanks in advance for the help!

How about one of these rubber case? I like it, and i can have the phone facing down and screen wont touch the surface. I paid around 6 bucks or 5 something with free shipping off ebay which the location of the seller is at cali. I like it and its kindof thick. I also baught screen protectors from ebay also came around 11 dollars for both but i baught it from two sellers.

Got it from BLACK SOFT GRID CASE COVER FOR MOTOROLA DROID X MB810 - eBay (item 300454127527 end time Aug-09-10 16:01:05 PDT)

that looks nice, also with the pattern on the back it looks like it really grips to your hand? I definitely need that because this thing is such a beast in my hand and I don't want to drop it, need something with a lot of grip.

Hell yea theres great awesome grip. Without its hard to get good grip. And it flexes (my ruber case or bumper) if you have a bigger battery with the cover it comes with the battery. For the price of 5 dollars and something is a good bargain and well made. I would pay 10 dollars for it or a bit more.

sthil98

Reaction score
Case selection for this phone sucks! How is all that crap out for iphone 4 but we have nothing? Maybe seidio or otterbox will release their stuff soon and we can find out for sure if thy will work with the extended battery. It's amazing how much difference that 1-2mm makes!

Th Seidio case works perfect as I said. Check it out. Here are a couple of pics (the rest are coming)...

Thank you for posting that. I ordered the case then the battery and was concerned about fit. I was hoping they would fit together. Seidio tech support said no, but they are offering a extended life battery with no increase in thickness... Just to be sure I follow this case is the same one that is sold with the holster clip too, right.

Thanks again for the info.

The Verizon extended battery works perfect with the Seidio case. It works with the extended battery door (as seen in the pictures I posted). It also works with the Rocketfish case from Best Buy. The Rocketfish case was the first case I tried with the extended battery, (Ext. batttery door). Some people said it fit their Droid X, some said it did not, but it fit mine perfect. The only reason I used the Seidio was because the build quality was a little better.

S

scrub175

Th Seidio case works perfect as I said. Check it out. Here are a couple of pics (the rest are coming)...

Thank you for posting that. I ordered the case then the battery and was concerned about fit. I was hoping they would fit together. Seidio tech support said no, but they are offering a extended life battery with no increase in thickness... Just to be sure I follow this case is the same one that is sold with the holster clip too, right.

The Verizon extended battery works perfect with the Seidio case. It works with the extended battery door (as seen in the pictures I posted). It also works with the Rocketfish case from Best Buy. The Rocketfish case was the first case I tried with the extended battery, (Ext. batttery door). Some people said it fit their Droid X, some said it did not, but it fit mine perfect. The only reason I used the Seidio was because the build quality was a little better.

Got home and had the ext battery from fed ex on the counter. had the case from last week. threw it together and itssallgood. I much relieved that I didn't have to decide case/clip or great deal on verizon ext battery. as Hannah Montanna says the best of both worlds.

sthil98

Reaction score

Got home and had the ext battery from fed ex on the counter. had the case from last week. threw it together and itssallgood. I much relieved that I didn't have to decide case/clip or great deal on verizon ext battery. as Hannah Montanna says the best of both worlds.

You are welcome. Just trying to help the community.

Schimm

Reaction score
Just got my extended battery today and was hoping this case would fit with no issues, but my experience is exactly like your pictures show with the high gloss silicon case. Not that big of a deal, but I was hoping for a better fit to say the least. Oh well, the extra battery is for the days I won't have access to a charger so I suppose I can live with it ;)

Yeah, it's definitely usable and functional but not a really good fit. And you've got to push the top of the case back near the charger plug when you plug in the power adapter. Since the extended battery has gotten so popular Verizon ought to make a glossy silicon case to fit it.

OP
M

mguin86

Reaction score
10-4. I guess i'm gonna get it ordered then. My droid x will be outdated or ruined before otterbox makes something it looks like....... then who knows if it will even work with the extended battery......, thanks for the help.

S

scrub175

You should be very pleased with the case holster combo. The case holds together very well and the case is very secure in the holster. HM the best of both worlds...

OP
M

mguin86

Reaction score
Does anyone know if this will ship any quicker oredering from the actual seidio website? They don't say sold out like amazon does.....

Schimm

Reaction score
Just got the Seidio surface.....fits very well on the X with the extended battery. No ugly gaps or distortions (like I pictured on page one of this thread) that I can see. One thing I need to get used to is the lip that comes up around the bottom adjacent to the buttons....there is less room there to depress the buttons vs. the glossy silicon. But, overall, this is a nice looking case that works well with the extended battery.

Last edited:

Geri O

Reaction score
I do see the problem with using the standard battery door with the extended battery...The standard battery door pushes on the battery, pressing the battery pretty hard against the back of the display. I tried using the standard door, but I immediately noticed that when I pressed the screen with my fingers, I noticed a very obvious "swirl" in the display, much like when you press on a notebook's LCD screen. I've been told that this will eventually cause problems over time with the screen if left like this

I use the Verizon cover-holster combo and the extended battery cover makes for a very tight fit when inserting the covered phone into the holster. For now, I'm not even using a battery cover of ANY kind so I can still use the holster. But obviously, I can't keep doing that forever. In fact, I'm going to be out and about and I'm going to use the fiber case that I bought when I got the X because the cover-holster combo wasn't available.

I'm going to use the carbon cover for now, but I REALLY hate carrying a phone in my pocket. I'd appreciate any information on another case-holster combo that is made to fit the X with an extended battery. I even considered going back to the standard battery since I was getting through the day (from 6am to 5 or 6pm and putting on the mobile charger for the 45-minute ride home from work. But nahhh, I'm really enjoying the extended battery's usefullness.

Thanx for any help,
Geri O

ianbwelch

Reaction score
Here's an extended battery with a cover that is huge! I haven't been able to find a case that will cover it. I also wonder if this battery is legitimate; meaning if the 2600 MaH rating is real or is this a piece of garbage. If the 2600 rating is real, then this is the longest lasting battery for a Droid X I have seen.

2600 MaH EXTENDED BATTERY & BACK FOR MOTOROLA DROID X

spunk0164

Reaction score
Case that works with extended battery (BH6X)

Just got my BH6X extended battery. I put the extended door that came with it because the original battery door (for the BH5X) was a bit too snug for my liking.

I use a real simple silicon case - nothing fancy and very cheap (about $6 w/ $3 shipping at overstock.com - Motorola Droid X Premium Silicone Skin Case | Overstock.com). I was hoping that the extended battery WITH new door wouldn't cause a problem. I'm glad to report it works fine/VERY well. Highly recommend if you're a cheap bastard like me :)