Battery App for time left

cwalter24

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone knew of a app that would say how much time is left on the battery on the droid. Kinda like a laptop battery that says 4 hours remaining, something along that nature.

Cameron

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
that would be really cool =]...maybe someone will make it if it isnt yet available =]

user-name

Reaction score
Well... when the phone is fully charged, you can assume 4-6 hours and count down from there if you actually use the thing. :) I have been very unimpressed with the battery life of my Droid. I would like to see an extended life battery available.

searayman

Reaction score
Well... when the phone is fully charged, you can assume 4-6 hours and count down from there if you actually use the thing. :) I have been very unimpressed with the battery life of my Droid. I would like to see an extended life battery available.

seidio will be making extended batteries they have a place holder for them on there website here:

seidioonline.com

the_kwa

Reaction score

something must be up with your phone. I unplugged my droid from the charger at 5:30am and still had battery at 11pm.

i'm extremely impressed with my battery life!

M

M1dnite

If you have Locale installed it'll EAT your battery. After i uninstalled my battery has improved almost 50%

SwordOfWar

Reaction score
When you have a phone that can run apps, your battery life is extremely dependent on what kind of apps your running.

comic0guy

Reaction score
from my experience and from reading, you might need to leave you phone plugged in for a while....supposedly you should have left it plugged in for 24 hours when you first got it(i didn't)

Just leaving my phone nearly empty of programs overnight(8 hours) it would drop from 100% to 70%. I charged it overnight for two nights in a row.....and now i can get 15 hours of use and still have 70% left(which included some small browsing and 30 min of GPS)

Danthok

Reaction score

something must be up with your phone. I unplugged my droid from the charger at 5:30am and still had battery at 11pm.

i'm extremely impressed with my battery life!

I agree I use my phone pretty heavily and I still had 50% battery last night when I plugged mine in.

HarleyDad09

Reaction score
I am VERY impressed with my battery life. I switched to a Droid from a Tour..which had a TERRRRRRIBLE battery life!

PatG

Reaction score
If you have Locale installed it'll EAT your battery. After i uninstalled my battery has improved almost 50%

Right now Locale is my second highest battery consuming app (at 12%) after the screen. I'll leave it running for a few more days to see how it works out. But I think I'm better off setting up stuff manually.

comic0guy

Reaction score
how do you have Locale set up, to use GPS? i've used it and doesn't seem to take too much battery life

PatG

Reaction score
GPS is on, so I guess that's what it is using. I wonder how often the app is checking my location. Whenever I look at my phone, the little GPS icon is showing in the status bar.

comic0guy

Reaction score
yea, that will kill your battery, i think its standard for it to check location every 10 min.............. but depending on where you live, letting it triangulate your location based on cell towers might be good enough, that what i do.....it can even use wifi spot to help too, if you leave wifi on(i don't)