Bad battery on my Droid Bionic -- won't charge past 40%

J

JohnDroid

Getting ready to head to Verizon to swap my battery out. Despite charging it overnight (two different nights) and trying multiple charges, hard resets, battery pulls and everything else I can think of my battery will not charge beyond 40%.

Will keep everyone updated on if a new battery fixes the problem.

shamus

Reaction score
I remember reading a tweet about this last night and it turned out they weren't using the charger it came with.

Bear in NM

Reaction score
I noted Speeds mention of this (and his problems) in one of the other threads here. I have not tested, but I did look over the wart/power unit between my D1 and the Bionic and they appear identical, and have identical specifications (mmiamps and volts). So on face this makes no sense, but it hard to argue with results. I am certainly going to test more. I do know there are no issues with old and new micro usb cables and the PC, so far.

Craig

OP
J

JohnDroid

I'm using an older HTC wall-wart charger (probably from my Thunderbolt, possibly from an old Nexus) -- I will try the newer charger and report back :)

malicious_a

Reaction score
mine doesn't charge when using USB connected to the computer.

it says "charging" but won't charge past whatever % it was at when i connected it.

dparm

Reaction score
mine doesn't charge when using USB connected to the computer.

it says "charging" but won't charge past whatever % it was at when i connected it.

Even my OG Droid was like this. It actually did charge it, but at a God-awful rate.

endobrian

Reaction score
I'm using an older HTC wall-wart charger (probably from my Thunderbolt, possibly from an old Nexus) -- I will try the newer charger and report back :)

Yep, make sure you use the new charger.. it's rated at 750mA.