Backup & Restore to refurbished Droid X?

FlyByNight

Reaction score
I recently had my Droid X replaced with a refurbished model. I used an app call MyBackupPro to backup and restore the applications and data. Although this worked, the restored apps didn't register in the Android market as being installed so essentially I had to download all of them again and reinstall them so they would appear under Android Market Downloads as purchased or installed.

My phone is not rooted. The next time I do this I would like to be able restore my apps and data to just the way it was on the previous phone. It seems like the only apps that do this is for rooted phones.

Is there a way to do what I want on a non-rooted phone?

cpjr

Reaction score
You can use Google sync to backup all your apps and restore them.

OP
F

FlyByNight

Reaction score
You can use Google sync to backup all your apps and restore them.

I hate to be the guy who can't find the obvious--but when I initialized the new phone I said no to Google sync. How to go back and use Google Sync.

cpjr

Reaction score
Lol. You can go into Settings - Accounts and set it up, however if your werent previosly doing so...it obviously going to be effective now and wont restore what you had previously.

OP
F

FlyByNight

Reaction score
Lol. You can go into Settings - Accounts and set it up, however if your werent previosly doing so...it obviously going to be effective now and wont restore what you had previously.

The choices under Settings > Accounts, my Google account are Sync Contacts, Sync Gmail and Sync Calendar. Nothing about applications.