Backup/Restore Question - Titanium Backup - z4root

injektilo

Reaction score
Hi!

I'm super new to Droid, and currently exploring all that the OS has to offer.

I've run into a roadblock:
I wanted to update to Swype Beta, and since Swype came preinstalled on my X, I uninstalled it with Titanium Backup first.

Since then, I've run into multiple issues trying to install Swype Beta ("Sorry! The application Swype (process com.swype.android.inputmethod) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again").

So basically, I want to reinstall the original version of Swype I had. I did backup Swype with Titanium Backup, but how in the world do I restore it? I tried using the Batch restore function but it's not working.

Any insight for this newb? Thanks!

[Edit]
I have discovered that Swype is a system application that Titanium Backup just backs up the data for. Whoops. Is there a method to reverse this?

D

dankarlinski

if the apk is deleted (which you said you did in titanium) theonly true way to recover is to reinstall the apk. i have always had luck with just copying an APK into the system/app folder, but thats just me. my suggestion is to download the Fission Rom Manager for the Fission Roms. you cn use that to download swype, you will have a few options to choose from for themes, and its free (if you use FRM Lite)

OP
I

injektilo

Reaction score
While I was unsuccessful in reinstalling swype.apk, I did, however, find a workaround to get Swype Beta running on any Droid X!

My process was to uninstall Swype with Titanium Backup; open Root Explorer and rename: \data\dalvik-cache\system@[email protected]@classes.dex to have a .bak at the end.
Rename: \system\lib\libSwypeCore.so to have a .bak at the end.

Redownloaded Beta Swype installer and it worked like a charm for me!

They were those two files left-over that Titanium Backup did not remove for me.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
While I was unsuccessful in reinstalling swype.apk, I did, however, find a workaround to get Swype Beta running on any Droid X!

My process was to uninstall Swype with Titanium Backup; open Root Explorer and rename: \data\dalvik-cache\system@[email protected]@classes.dex to have a .bak at the end.
Rename: \system\lib\libSwypeCore.so to have a .bak at the end.

Redownloaded Beta Swype installer and it worked like a charm for me!

They were those two files left-over that Titanium Backup did not remove for me.

Welcome!

And it sounds to me like you know what your doing :icon_eek: