Backlight won't come on

silverfang77

Reaction score
I had hoped the upgrade to Gingerbread would fix this. Alas, tis not to be. It's early morning and neither my four touch buttons nor my keyboard will light, even if I turn the display off and back on. There should be a way to force them to stay lit.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had hoped the upgrade to Gingerbread would fix this. Alas, tis not to be. It's early morning and neither my four touch buttons nor my keyboard will light, even if I turn the display off and back on. There should be a way to force them to stay lit.

You had hoped Gingerbread had fixed this? It worked fine before Gingerbread. Gingerbread broke it.

OP
silverfang77

silverfang77

Reaction score
It didn't work fine for me in Froyo either.

OP
silverfang77

silverfang77

Reaction score
Thanks. Downloaded and will try tonight.

OP
silverfang77

silverfang77

Reaction score
I've been using AdjBrightness and it seems to work. However, it seems like the settings don't stick. I go into the app and set the brightness of the screen and set the LED buttons to stay lit and exit. They stay lit while the screen is on, but if I shut the screen off and then turn it back on, the LED buttons don't come back on with the screen. I end up having to re-enter the app and do my settings again.

How do I set things in that app so they will stay set, even if I were to reboot the phone?

Thank you.

OP
silverfang77

silverfang77

Reaction score
Several times.

phlux

Reaction score
I'm at a loss here for now... Let me look into it. We may have to make a build.prop adjustment.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

OP
silverfang77

silverfang77

Reaction score
Unless I'm doing something incorrectly in the app. Either way, at least I have a way to use the LEDs when it's dark now.

maxbrackett

Reaction score
I'm on my second Droid R2D2 in 40 days because of this problem and it just happened again. Does anyone know if this is an Android, app, or hardware problem?

I had to take the battery out and replace it to get it go light up again.

Thanks!
max

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm on my second Droid R2D2 in 40 days because of this problem and it just happened again. Does anyone know if this is an Android, app, or hardware problem?

I had to take the battery out and replace it to get it go light up again.

Thanks!
max

No you don't need to take the battery out. A restart will fix it. I don't have the problem on my stock D2.

maxbrackett

Reaction score
It would not restart so the only way to restart it was via taking the battery out.

My first R2D2 had this issue and it progressively got worse until the point that it would not turn on no matter what was tried, so they replaced it. I never had a problem with my Droid 1. I'm guessing it's software based issue - the question is if it's Android or an app.

I'm looking for people who have had this issue and solved it.

Thanks,
Max