Backlight problems maybe from water.

Hmong_Xiong

Reaction score
My Motorola Droid has a backlight problem. It doesn't work and it's impossible to see the screen without it. I think I got this from water when I was putting on my new screen protector. I checked the water damage indicator, but it's fine. I took the battery out and restarted my phone over 20 times. I did take the battery out when putting on my new screen protector. Do I have to get a new backlight? It makes me mad!:icon_evil:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
did you let some water get through the speaker?

I'm assuming you've tried restarting it and everything. Sounds like you need to replace it

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bummer. Sorry to hear that. How far away are you from your upgrade? Reason I ask is you might get an early upgrade. Talk to customer service.

AlexSB

Reaction score
Even though I have horrible luck with certified like new devices, I've had some of the nicest customer support reps whenever I call Verizon. Just tell them what happened and they'll send you a replacement.

OP
Hmong_Xiong

Hmong_Xiong

Reaction score
yeah im guessing water did go into the speaker...im with car-toys and they are complicated to talk to bc my sis barely got her phone exchanged when it was only like a week...so i doubt that they can get my a replacement and the thing that sucks is that my parents didnt get us any insurance and ive got it since the end of july '10...it blows...i found some places where they can do it for like $90-130...but yet im broke...

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
It may or may not be water. Call your carrier and request a warranty replacement. They can verify if it's water damaged or not. I wouldn't mention water damage as a possibility unless you want to be denied outright.