Backing up system image

kikitt

Reaction score
Hello I was wondering how I can perform a backup for my r2d2 droid 2. I recently rooted with z4root other apps that require root are working fine. I installed rom manager and flashed clockwork recovery and clicked whwere it said boot into revocery but all that happens is a pic of android and a loading bar then it restarts normally. Is there something im doing wrong?

I also tried flashing the recovery a bunch more times but to no avail...please help

-Kikitt

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Does it go all the way through the progress bar or does it immediately restart?

OP
K

kikitt

Reaction score
It goes really fast but it looks like it might get all the way.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Do you see like script on the screen or just the progress bar?

OP
K

kikitt

Reaction score
Just the progress bar...I checked again..its not getting very far and then the android pic switches to an exclamation mark real fast bfor it restarts again.

chrstdvd

Reaction score
I just read the first two stickies on this forum and possibly the answer to you question will be found in the second one.

I am no expert, but if you have the R2D2 stock just rooted, I would tell you to spend the money and get Droid 2 bootstrapper from the market and use it to make your back up. It is simple and easy to use.

First you hit the top button and if it gives you "success" hit "ok"

then hit the second button.

Once the menu comes up use the volume down button to get to "backup/restore.

Choose this by clicking the camera button, it will be on backup so just click the camera button and off you go.

When it is finished you will be at the "reboot now" and you click the camera button.

Done.

And it is just as simple to restore from the back up.

READ THE STICKIES FIRST BECAUSE I DO NOT KNOW IF WHAT I HAVE SAID HERE WILL INTERFERE WITH ROM MANAGER OR CLOCKWORK RECOVERY. AT VERY LEAST, FOLLOW DIRECTIONS TO REMOVE CLOCKWORK RECOVERY BEFORE YOU USE MY METHOD.

OP
K

kikitt

Reaction score
Hello thank you both for all the help after the last post I checked into information about bootstrappers and found one that is working and letting me into clockwork recovery now! Just incase anyone wants to know I found it at

-Kikitt

Last edited by a moderator: