Awful battery life. Is something wrong?

OP
W

wahrenjie

Reaction score
you should charge a new phone to 100% before using it for the first time.If you let it drain completely and charge to 100% you should see an improvement. Shutting off location saves battery just turn it on when you need it.Well at least it does charge pretty quick.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums
Did the drain, re-charge. Better performance today. Currently at 47% at the 15 hour mark, on wifi with minimal usage. I hope the OS fix comes soon. Expecting my ext. battery tomorrow. Thanks.

scdown

Reaction score
It's the "Android OS" that's killing the battery. If you look at your battery usage, Android OS is one of the highest--it shouldn't be. Nothing you can do at the moment other than kicking back, and waiting for Google to release a fix. :)

Agreed, but I think it's possible that there are apps and settings that exacerbate the problem. I got rid of Facebook, because it seemed (according to Watchdog) to run on, and I turned off Force GPU rendering in Developer options (largely because XDA are compiling a list of apps that crash when it's turned on).

I have all radios ON, made an hour of phone calls over BT and some light e-mail and web, and I'm at 55% after 19.5 hours.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
yours is not as bad as mine was. As of yesterday I had my phone replaced due to excessive heat and a battery life drop like

100 percent down to 70 percent in 43 minutes. Yikes. Thats looking like 2 hours on a full charge. I had even checked all my settings...GPS/wifi/4g off....sync accounts set to never push...turned off android beam...unchecked back up data from google....keyboard feedback vibrate off....the whole 9 yards....still killed my phone instantly. Also it had become laggy at times...not fluid like it should be.

The new phone is money. Smooth...fast...better battery life (about 10 percent drop an hour under normal use.)...this estimates about 10 hours with pretty heavy usage. Much more acceptable than 2-3 hours wouldnt ya say. :p