Battery life awful!

Chubbydog

Reaction score
I've noticed that my battery doesn't last very long either, espically when I'm texting. I got it off the charger at 4:00pm last night, and with maybe 40 texts, and 3 hours later it was at 40%. One thing I noticed, is that I plugged it in at home, and it only took about 30 minutes to charge to full again. Could it be that it's not getting a good connection, therfore not really getting a full charge? My Samsung battery took about 4-5 hours to fully charge, and it would last a whole day no matter how much I used it. I'm around a charger all day, so it's not a huge deal, but I'd still like to figure it out.

Fernley

Reaction score
Extended battery

For what it's worth: I too was a bit disappointed with battery lifeon my X2. I just moved from a BB and was happy with the battery life there. I use the Droid X2 similarly and was only getting about 6 hours out of it.

I bout the extended battery and now I am easily getting a full day. Meaning I take it out of the charger at 0500 when I get up and typically don't need to put it back on charge till evening.

I don't play games or watch movies (maybe the occasional Youtube vid) at all and occasionally listen to music. Primarily its other apps, phone use (business calls frequently) and lots of email/messaging.

It was worth the dollars I spent.

Fernley

Reaction score
Juice Defender!app

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

I added this app and for some reason afterwards my phone seemed "glitchy." Some things didn't run correctly or it locked up.

I uninstalled it and seems like things are normal again.