Automatically Rebooting when unplugged from power source.

SketchyTech

Reaction score
The phone will go on a never ending rebooting cycle when not on charger or usb. When it is on the charger, all is good. My phone was un-rooted, completely verizon stock, and I have had it over a year so warranty is out of the question. I have tried a new battery and that failed. My last resort was trying to root and install CyanogenMod 7. That seemed to help but after a few minutes, boom, back to rebooting. Any ideas? Is there nothing that can be done?

Edit

Update: Seems to be a connection issue but i may be wrong. Sometimes when it shuts down now it won't come back on until a battery pull. The charging light goes on and off with the slightest wiggle of the usb cord, which in turn seems to freeze the phone and automatically reboot. Brand new battery is at 90% charged when this happens. It also seems when the battery reaches fully charged the phone will restart because the phone quits taking power from the cord.

Is there a way to log why the phone is shutting down? Is there any parts I could replace? I have no problem with cracking the phone open and doing surgery.

Last edited:
OP
S

SketchyTech

Reaction score
Thanks. I think it is hardware related but I will give that a try.