My motorola Droid does not shut down when charging. Is that what its suppose to do?

lldtm

Reaction score
When I charge my Droid, I typically shut it down. As soon as I attach the charger, my phone turns on and begins to charge. I ffel it is not gettin a full charge if it only charges when it is on :reddroid:

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
It stays on when charging by design.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
When I charge my Droid, I typically shut it down. As soon as I attach the charger, my phone turns on and begins to charge. I ffel it is not gettin a full charge if it only charges when it is on :reddroid:

It's getting a full charge. If you want you can charge it with the USB cable and your computer and it will stay off. But it's not going to charge any different then it does when it's on, and it will take much longer to charge it.

jaw4bama

Reaction score
Some computers shut off usb power when the computer is shutdown. So if you do charge by using your computer make sure the white light is lite on your droid or just keep your computer on.

sarreq

Reaction score
Re: My motorola Droid does not shut

actually, the droid doesn't charge at all when it's off. I thought that was a weird thing when I figured it out