Droid wont charge no matter what i do, help please!

Reaction score
Hello everyone My Motorola Droid just stopped charging one day, I put it in it's docking station before going to sleep, and when i woke up i saw that the red light on the front was blinking, telling me that the phone was about to die, i took it off the docking station and plugged the charger directly into the phone, and it STILL would not charge, here's where it gets odd, very odd, i ended up taking a break from trying to get it to charge, the phone was completely removed from any charger and docking station sitting on my desk, after about 2 hours i tried to charge it again and it started charging! but it didn't charge to 100% it got to around 70% and then started to let go of the charge, also the light on the side of the phone does NOT light up when i try charging it Here's a list of things I've done to try to get it to charge -Took out and put back in the battery -Tried 3 different chargers I've ordered a new battery, so I'm about to try that, if this doesn't work, am i doomed? TLDR; Droid wont charge, tried removing battery, tried different chargers, when it does charge it stops at 70% or only charges for less then a minute, light on the side does NOT light up when trying to charge it Thanks!

OP
MajorMontanaMax
Reaction score
BUMP! getting ready to buy a whole new phone =\ they wont give me a replacement phone unless i pay 300 BUCKS! So I'm hoping to just fix this one

Danorexic

Reaction score
I don't know if you've gotten the new battery or phone yet. It could be the battery not holding a charge/charging properly. It's also possible your charging port could be bad. If you look in the port, you should have 5 gold-colored lines on the bottom of the connector. If one is missing or bent, it could be preventing it from charging. If all the leads are present, it's possible the charging port has become disconnected from the pc-board or there could be other issues present. Best of luck!

OP
MajorMontanaMax
Reaction score
I don't know if you've gotten the new battery or phone yet. It could be the battery not holding a charge/charging properly. It's also possible your charging port could be bad. If you look in the port, you should have 5 gold-colored lines on the bottom of the connector. If one is missing or bent, it could be preventing it from charging. If all the leads are present, it's possible the charging port has become disconnected from the pc-board or there could be other issues present. Best of luck!
Tried 3 different chargers and even a brand new droid battery, I've gone ahead and ordered a new phone, the Xperia Play, going to be here today, thank you very much for the reply, wish i could of saved my dear ol'phone T_T Thanks again for the reply, only thing i can do is just....put her to rest....=P

lavendarhouse

Reaction score
I had the same problem on my original droid a few weeks ago. After pulling the battery I used a pencil eraser to clean the battery contacts, reinserted the battery and I've been good to go since.

Hope this helps.