Droid (a855) won't charge..

penderdarien

Reaction score
I bought a new phone. It's a Motorola Droid. When I got it, the battery was half way charged. After activating it, it had about 15% left on the battery. I let it sit on the charger for about an hour & when I came back it was on 5%. The white light was on & it said it was connected but it just won't charge. I tried to use a car charger; that didn't work. I tried charging it from my laptop; that didn't work. I went to the Verizon store. The lady wasn't very helpful. She said just it could be the phone or the battery & told me to have a nice day.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
First off :welcome: to the site.

Second, are you using an OEM charger? Or is the car charger an OEM one? Basically the best charger is the charger that shipped with the droid, but if you have an aftermarket micro-usb charger, make sure it puts out at least 800mAh, better is 1000mAh; either home or car. I use the OEM charger with an OEM battery only charger and have about three or so batteries that I switch out which has worked well from the start and still does. I use an aftermarket charger in the car as described above.

Also, the reason it might not charge via your laptop is lack of proper drivers, but be warned that a computer's usb port is only going to put out about 500mAh, not quite enough. It _might_ charge but very slowly.

VZW CS doesn't have to have any reason to help you with this phone anymore and that is why you got the response you did. However, your battery could be past it's prime.

Let us know and good luck