Automatic *67 app

charriman

Reaction score
In my work I have to use my personal phone as my work phone. Because of that I need to block my number pretty frequently. What I'm trying to find is an app that I can one click and it brings up my dialer with *67 already dialed or otherwise blocks my number and brings up a dailer. I realize that sounds pretty lazy, but some people just really don't need my phone number and it can be bad if I forget to dial it.

Is there an app that takes care of this already? I've tried searching but can't find anything. Any ideas?

FolsomFear

Reaction score
i know theres an app that will show a different phone number when you call someone, but i dont know what its called

giant25

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I haven't found anything but I put *67 at the front of some of my contacts so it blocks my # whenever I call them. I'll keep looking and see if there's a phone app somewhere that can put a modifier on a call under certain circumstances...
EDIT: I use Dialer One already. This dialer app has an option in the settings called "Prefix to dial." The only problem is that you can't enter a * in this box. It may be worth asking the developer to add it since Dialer One is such a great app. Good luck.

Last edited:

Tornado Rex

Reaction score
Not really sure of an app, but I had an idea. Have you thought about getting a Google Voice number to use as your work number? That way you can keep you numbers separate.

DJTURNz

Reaction score
Are these number that you have saved in your phone, or just numbers you call from a post it note or invoice or something? You could always save the numbers with the *67 in front already.

scf

Reaction score
Maybe add another number to your contact that you are calling, with the prefix in front of the number? A workaround, I know, but in lieu of an available app.

brendanmurphy

Reaction score
Atleast on the milestone gsm version if you go to Settings > Call settings > Additional Settings > Caller ID

You can set it to show your number, hide your number or network default. If you set it to hide your number it comes up private name private number

Zargon

Reaction score
Atleast on the milestone gsm version if you go to Settings > Call settings > Additional Settings > Caller ID

You can set it to show your number, hide your number or network default. If you set it to hide your number it comes up private name private number

No such setting (at least that I can find) on my Droid running Froyo.

OP
C

charriman

Reaction score
Some really good ideas guys.

Adding *67 in front of a the contacts won't work because if I have their number saved, I call them enough for them to need my number. The *67 thing is needed for calls I have to make to citizens when I am in the field, and they don't need my number.

I'll check into Dialer One and see if we can get that option added.

Thanks for the help! Anyone know of anything else?

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I don't know much about this so I am just putting it out there, but with Google Voice, couldn't you just get a free gVoice number in your area code and use that for business. That way you can have one device but different numbers?

Never tried it so sorry if i am wrong! ha.

253°below

Reaction score
Hi!!

Don't know if this is still an issue for you, but wanted to tip you about our app Prefixer that I just wrote about in another thread as well (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-applications/14866-call-prefix-modifications-2.html)

You'll find more information about Prefixer here: 253ºBelow
Direct link to Android market: http://market.android.com/details?id=com.tftbelow.prefixer

The app will automate the need of manually adding a prefix or suffix to numbers you dial. You don't even have to manipulate your contact list!
Please have a look and contact us if you have any comments or questions.

DJTURNz

Reaction score
So I guess this would work to use with Google Voice number to make free calls? Set up the pre-fix to dial the google number, with pauses and the appropriate menu option (2?) . Can pauses be added?