What are some good apps for blocking?

GHL1012

Reaction score
I want to block some incoming calls, as well as block my own number when making certain outgoing calls. I want to do this without having to press *67 every time I dial. Please advise on the best apps. Have found good ones for blocking incoming calls/texts, but not my own number, outgoing. I am still open to hear any advice.

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
I imagine that everyone assumes dialing *67 is so blatantly simple, that they wouldn't waste time writing code to make an app for it.

Reaction score
Save *67 in front of the persons number. I do it for a co-workers personal work number and mess with him all the time. He still thinks some crazy person is calling him.

OP
GHL1012

GHL1012

Reaction score
There has to be something out there. Verizon charges a fee to make your number show up as "Private" or "Blocked Caller" I don't want to do this to every number and I want to be able to do it without having to fully dial my contact's numbers. I guess this is a lot of wants, but there has to be something out there. People write more ridiculous code than this..... and still make money.

OP
GHL1012

GHL1012

Reaction score
alright thats a good one to do too, i mean i am open to anything! thanks Basil.

Snow02

Reaction score
Get a google voice number and don't give it to anybody.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
GV is pointless if you don't give out the GV number (in the context of the OP). Its call handling features only work if people call you via your GV number.

I want to block some incoming calls
Keep in mind that calls blocked at the app level still count against your minutes.

Last edited:

Snow02

Reaction score
GV is pointless if you don't give out the GV number (in the context of the OP). Its call handling features only work if people call you via your GV number.

He clearly states he wants to make calls that don't show up as his number. GV obviously fills that role. But thanks for playing.

Genisis

Reaction score

He clearly states he wants to make calls that don't show up as his number. GV obviously fills that role. But thanks for playing.

No need to be a smarta_ss.

I don't know of any app that will block a number on an outgoing, and obviously you don't as well, therefor I only mentioned the best alternative that I know of. If the OP is not wanting bothered by incoming calls from people that he calls, then GV will give you the option of rejecting the call, plus with "Mr. Number" he can block the number that way as well.
Seeing as you had no HELPFUL input for the OP, you post was pointless other than to showing your intellectual intelligence. As for "playing", seem you are the troll trying to "play" in this thread. As for me, I'm done with "playing" YOUR game.