[Auto] Root and Unroot for HTC Thunderbolt!

I can’t get it to work. I went through the process and followed every instruction. It was all going good but in the second section of the process with the USB connected, it didn’t offer to “start update” like it did in the first section. So I rebooted. That gave me su, was able to install ROM manager and busybox, and the RootChecker app said I had root and busybox was installed successfully. But I couldn’t boot into recovery and when I tried it said “S-ON”. So I ran autounroot and tried the autoroot again. Now the bootloader says “S-OFF” but I don’t have su. Can anyone see where I went wrong?

Try installing busybox from the market

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

I can’t get it to work. I went through the process and followed every instruction. It was all going good but in the second section of the process with the USB connected, it didn’t offer to “start update” like it did in the first section. So I rebooted. That gave me su, was able to install ROM manager and busybox, and the RootChecker app said I had root and busybox was installed successfully. But I couldn’t boot into recovery and when I tried it said “S-ON”. So I ran autounroot and tried the autoroot again. Now the bootloader says “S-OFF” but I don’t have su. Can anyone see where I went wrong?

Try installing busybox from the market

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

It won't install.
It seems that I can't start over again either. The first time I ran this (using the instructions on page 1 of this post), it seemed to almost get there. Then I did auto-unroot on page 1 and then tried again and now I can't the same result as the first time even.

I f you did the 3 step easy root keep doing step three

How do I jump straight to step three? The auto root takes me through each step.
I f your talking about same Auto root I am as7 soon as you open file you have 1 2 3 just click on three you have to have the files dowhttp://www.droidforums.net/forum/thunderbolt-hacks/135802-updated-easy-root-available-3-step-process.htmlnloaded.

So I found this in the android central forums as well, but it said there was an MR1 update. Sorry for the noob question, but what is the MR1 update, and does anyone know if the OP links has that the MR1 update?

So I found this in the android central forums as well, but it said there was an MR1 update. Sorry for the noob question, but what is the MR1 update, and does anyone know if the OP links has that the MR1 update?
Are you in the wright thread?

I f you did the 3 step easy root keep doing step three

I f your talking about same Auto root I am as7 soon as you open file you have 1 2 3 just click on three you have to have the files dowhttp://www.droidforums.net/forum/thunderbolt-hacks/135802-updated-easy-root-available-3-step-process.htmlnloaded.

I followed the instructions for rooting on page 1 of the thread that we are now on.

BTW, I noticed that when I boot into recovery when my phone is off, it doesn't go directly to the HBOOT. Instead it says very briefly:

SD checking
Loading...[PG05DIAG.zip]
No image!
Loading...[PG05DIAG.nbh]
No image or wrong image!
Loading...[PG05IMG.zip]
No image!
Loading...[PG05IMG.nbh]
No image or wrong image!
Loading...[nv.img]

and then it dumps me into the HBOOT screen. If I choose RECOVERY from this screen, the phone reboots and then I get a black screen with a red triangle and exclamation point through it. I then have to pull the battery to reboot it.

Since at the top of my HBOOT it says, MECHA XD ENG S-OFF, can't I just add a couple of files to my SD Card to get it working? Thanks.

I

I followed the instructions for rooting on page 1 of the thread that we are now on.

BTW, I noticed that when I boot into recovery when my phone is off, it doesn't go directly to the HBOOT. Instead it says very briefly:

SD checking
Loading...[PG05DIAG.zip]
No image!
Loading...[PG05DIAG.nbh]
No image or wrong image!
Loading...[PG05IMG.zip]
No image!
Loading...[PG05IMG.nbh]
No image or wrong image!
Loading...[nv.img]

and then it dumps me into the HBOOT screen. If I choose RECOVERY from this screen, the phone reboots and then I get a black screen with a red triangle and exclamation point through it. I then have to pull the battery to reboot it.

Since at the top of my HBOOT it says, MECHA XD ENG S-OFF, can't I just add a couple of files to my SD Card to get it working? Thanks.
Thats not the same way I used I used the one I sent you. I read up s.bit on the one you used and it says you have go into adb if you screw up I am not familar with it learning but not good yet Fiind a post and see if you csn PM Droid Does he is pretty knowledgble maybe he can help

From what I understand, you should be able to use and push to push an updated file.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

I would love to root my new TB, But am scared. As it took me 3 tries and phones on the D1 I had.

I would love to root my new TB, But am scared. As it took me 3 tries and phones on the D1 I had.

I used the 3 step method (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/th...dated-easy-root-available-3-step-process.html) Once you find and download the files its a piece of cake. The process gives you step by step wright on the phone as you are doing it. Plus if you look around you can print them out also. The hardest part is getting the files and you cant brick your phone doing that.

I will check into it. I really didnt use the Root function like most. I did for a bit with the wifi tether, but not really. I don't use custom roms at all..

The main thing i want it for on the TB is to get rid of the AD's.

The stock mobile hot spot works good. Im using the free edition. If the root makes that possible, I may try it.

Back