Audio Issues and MicroUSB Loose - Moto Droid - Verizon Not Helping

Dalulz

Reaction score
So I've had my Droid for almost 3 months now and within the past week or two the audio has started to cut in and out when I use the headphone jack. It has to be moved around for it to happen, but I use it every day while I commute in my pocket. I googled the issue and found a lot of people talking about the same thing. They said they just replaced the phone, but the issue began to persist on their new Droid within a couple weeks again. Any known fixes to this or is it just a bad batch of Droids?

I also have noticed within the past week that my MicroUSB port on the side doesn't hold my charging cable in very well. I haven't done anything to it other than plug it in every night after work or whatever. I have to fidget it around to get it to charge or even be detected by the computer, even then it says on my computer that the device supports 2.0 and should be plugged into another port aka it's not working properly.

I called Verizon to see if they could send me a new phone, but they said the MicroUSB problem voids my warranty because it's something I did to the phone. I complained and stated that I did nothing wrong and just used it as intended therefore I should be entitled to the warranty. I've put my "baby" in a case and screen guarded it since day one. I haven't even dropped the phone once.

My question is what should I do? I just dropped $299.99, still waiting on the rebate, on this thing in April and soon it will be a paper weight since I won't be able to charge it as the USB port gets worse and I can barely listen to my music in the morning without it cutting out every couple seconds. I love my phone, but when this happens how am I suppose to be content? Verizon tried to get me to buy a certified pre-owned droid for $280, but I'm sorry no.

What're my options? I could buy a new droid off eBay, go to the store and see if they help me, buy an Incredible for full retail price, or wait for the Droid X and get that for full retail price. I used my upgrade on this phone.:icon_evil:

Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

mcapozzi

Reaction score
So I've had my Droid for almost 3 months now and within the past week or two the audio has started to cut in and out when I use the headphone jack. It has to be moved around for it to happen, but I use it every day while I commute in my pocket. I googled the issue and found a lot of people talking about the same thing. They said they just replaced the phone, but the issue began to persist on their new Droid within a couple weeks again. Any known fixes to this or is it just a bad batch of Droids?

I also have noticed within the past week that my MicroUSB port on the side doesn't hold my charging cable in very well. I haven't done anything to it other than plug it in every night after work or whatever. I have to fidget it around to get it to charge or even be detected by the computer, even then it says on my computer that the device supports 2.0 and should be plugged into another port aka it's not working properly.

I called Verizon to see if they could send me a new phone, but they said the MicroUSB problem voids my warranty because it's something I did to the phone. I complained and stated that I did nothing wrong and just used it as intended therefore I should be entitled to the warranty. I've put my "baby" in a case and screen guarded it since day one. I haven't even dropped the phone once.

My question is what should I do? I just dropped $299.99, still waiting on the rebate, on this thing in April and soon it will be a paper weight since I won't be able to charge it as the USB port gets worse and I can barely listen to my music in the morning without it cutting out every couple seconds. I love my phone, but when this happens how am I suppose to be content? Verizon tried to get me to buy a certified pre-owned droid for $280, but I'm sorry no.

What're my options? I could buy a new droid off eBay, go to the store and see if they help me, buy an Incredible for full retail price, or wait for the Droid X and get that for full retail price. I used my upgrade on this phone.:icon_evil:

Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

Could have sworn I just saw a post for someone selling theirs for $150.

-Mike

OP
D

Dalulz

Reaction score
Thank you for the heads up. I took it to the store today and just didn't mention the MicroUSB problem. They tested the headphone jack and said we'll send you a new one via mail today. Thank god! dancedroid