issues with audio player: Moto Droid (first model)

Melanntor

Reaction score
Hello,

I got my Moto Droid in April 2010, and was originally very happy with it. I had been using the Droid's audio player in lieu of my iPod Touch. However, I've recently been having problems with it. My music tends to just go on pause by itself, without my touching anything. It kind of flickers or zips a little, then just goes off, and I have to manually turn it on again. This happens with Pandora as well. The program itself doesn't close, the music just pauses.

Also, while I'm here, I was wondering if there was a way to edit the properties of audio files within the Droid itself (like track title, album name, artist name, etc.) to keep things organized.

Thanks!

tomacat

Reaction score
I had to create an account to say that I'm experiencing this problem exactly, and it's driving me crazy!

My phone is my alarm in the mornings and I prefer to wake up to music over waking up to alarm beeps... but when multiple different music programs (Music, Pandora, etc) will just pause themselves seemingly at random, it doesn't leave me very confident that my alarm will be making any noise in the morning.

I know this isn't related to signal (in another thread folks have said it's caused by moving between 3G/2G) because it happens even when I'm connected to wifi. It happens whether I'm streaming music from Pandora or playing mp3s directly from the desktop.

Has anyone else experienced this? Are there any ideas as to what could be causing this behavior?

bisforblindy

Reaction score
I'm having the exact same problem with my Droid original. Random pausing of the regular music player, pandora, and google listen. It often happens within the first 10 minutes of me listening to one of those apps then seems to not pause as often after that.

I believe I started experiencing this issue a couple months ago but the frequency of the issue has increased dramatically in the last couple weeks.