Bluetooth audio issue with Microsoft Sync

street

Reaction score
I finally got it to work! It had nothing to do with the update because I called and they said I showed I was on 3.1 since I got my Escape in March. I happened to ask what the difference between Restore Factory defaults and Master Reset was. He explained that factory defaults didn't clear your data but put it all back to the default as it was installed. The Master reset clears all data. I told him I already did the Master reset and he suggest I try the factory defaults then the master reset because of what I mentioned. I first deleted all BT devices, then factory reset then master reset. Re- paired my phone and bingo.

So if this happens again, try these steps.

wyz

Reaction score
I finally got it to work! It had nothing to do with the update because I called and they said I showed I was on 3.1 since I got my Escape in March. I happened to ask what the difference between Restore Factory defaults and Master Reset was. He explained that factory defaults didn't clear your data but put it all back to the default as it was installed. The Master reset clears all data. I told him I already did the Master reset and he suggest I try the factory defaults then the master reset because of what I mentioned. I first deleted all BT devices, then factory reset then master reset. Re- paired my phone and bingo.

So if this happens again, try these steps.

Hey Pal, the problem came back yesterday(no BT audio)
did all the resets, pairing,you name it with no success,so I tried disconnecting the battery cable for one minute like that one guy here said to do and wala..
The radio reset itself and so did the SYNC and it found the BT audio instantly. I guess if all else fails, if you kill the total power to the radio it must do a total reset..............Thank goodness
icon14.gif

street

Reaction score
Bummer

That is a bummer. I had it happen once again also. I was playing with some settings. I was trying to get the damn SYNC voice volume turned down because it is 10x louder than any source playing so it blows my ears out with the bling sound and her voice. Anyways, I called support and they said all I can do is say something like this (may not be exact- it's been a few weeks)- "voice settings"> "advanced mode" and that would reduce the prompts. So I was streaming BT audio while doing it and then it went completely dead after but said it was playing. I tried to reconnect a few times by turning the BT off and on on the phone and repairing but didn't work. Fortunately the next day when I started the car, I tried playing it again and it magically worked.

We either got bum syncs, or this is flaky and an issue that may be more widespread than just us. Good to know the battery trick worked though!

street

Reaction score
did all the resets, pairing,you name it with no success,so I tried disconnecting the battery cable for one minute like that one guy here said to do and wala..
The radio reset itself and so did the SYNC and it found the BT audio instantly. I guess if all else fails, if you kill the total power to the radio it must do a total reset..............Thank goodness
icon14.gif

I forgot to ask, did you do anything like change ANY settings that may have caused this?

ckonon

Reaction score
FWIW, I have a 2009 Mercury, have never done any Sync updates to it and have the Blackdroid 9.8 ROM installed and have never had any bluetooth audio Sync issues. I use it all the time.

wyz

Reaction score
icon14.gif
I forgot to ask, did you do anything like change ANY settings that may have caused this?

Did nothing with any of the settings. Just randomly went out just like the first time. Killing the power supply was the only thing that I didn't do and was the only hope. So far so good but you never know...........Later
totally unrelated.................
icon5.gif

I heard a rumor that Verizon was working on internet access while you talk.
You hear anything on that??

ihatesync

Reaction score
Droid - Bluetooth Audio issues Sync

Any updates to this? I've read all the posts on the web and haven't had any luck with the suggestions posted (haven't tried disconnecting my car battery yet).

I have a brand new 2010 Escape (running Sync version 3.1) and a Moto Droid. Streaming bluetooth media worked flawlessly for the phone on both versions 2.0.1 and then 2.1. Just about two days ago stopped working, can't do anything to get it back again.

Having the same issues reported here.....sometimes Sync doesn't even recognize Droid, sometimes it recognizes it and displays "Bluetooth Media Streaming", but no sound (phone even indicates bluetooth streaming is working). Phone calls over BT have always worked and continue to work.

Getting very frustrated as I got really accustomed to using navigation and Pandora over bluetooth.

wyz

Reaction score
Any updates to this? I've read all the posts on the web and haven't had any luck with the suggestions posted (haven't tried disconnecting my car battery yet).

I have a brand new 2010 Escape (running Sync version 3.1) and a Moto Droid. Streaming bluetooth media worked flawlessly for the phone on both versions 2.0.1 and then 2.1. Just about two days ago stopped working, can't do anything to get it back again.

Having the same issues reported here.....sometimes Sync doesn't even recognize Droid, sometimes it recognizes it and displays "Bluetooth Media Streaming", but no sound (phone even indicates bluetooth streaming is working). Phone calls over BT have always worked and continue to work.

Getting very frustrated as I got really accustomed to using navigation and Pandora over bluetooth.

Evening to yeah...........
Went out on me twice for no reason with all the symptoms you described.
First time the sync update to 3.1 and a rebooted sync fixed it.
3 weeks later went out again. Nothing I did got it back so I took the advice of one of the board members to disconnect the battery post for at least 1 minute,reattach and when you turn the key and turn on the radio and go to SYNC setting you will see it going through the process of resetting the whole sync system. Then you will have to re sync your phone and pair it etc ...............and it should work otherwise there's nothing else left.
GOOD LUCK

ihatesync

Reaction score
back up and running!

Evening to yeah...........
Went out on me twice for no reason with all the symptoms you described.
First time the sync update to 3.1 and a rebooted sync fixed it.
3 weeks later went out again. Nothing I did got it back so I took the advice of one of the board members to disconnect the battery post for at least 1 minute,reattach and when you turn the key and turn on the radio and go to SYNC setting you will see it going through the process of resetting the whole sync system. Then you will have to re sync your phone and pair it etc ...............and it should work otherwise there's nothing else left.
GOOD LUCK

Was still having same issues so finally got around to disconnecting the battery this morning....and it worked! One thing that I found rather interesting.....the Droid settings, phonebook, etc. was all still saved, didn't have to do any resetting of that info. It auto recognized my Droid as soon as I turned the car on and all the bluetooth media worked like a charm! The only indication whatsoever that I had actually disconnected the battery was that the clock needed to be reset. It actually makes this whole process a lot easier to accept knowing I don't have to delete all settings and go through the Sync/Droid setup every time, just a quick negative terminal disconnect does the trick. Thanks for the help!

mitchm11741

Reaction score
Same Fix Worked

FYI... crazy as it sounded to me, I pulled the negative off the battery, waited, reconnected and, voila', everything was fine again. It's the darndest thing. It tells me the issue is on the Ford side. Hope I don't have to do this too often. Wish there was a software reset somewhere that REALLY worked.

mitchm11741

Reaction score
[quote

icon14.gif
[/quote]

The battery cable thing worked for me too.:icon_eek:

adam2011stang

Reaction score
i had the same prob , everything worked but my bluetooth audio didnt , i tryed the master reset and it didnt work but i talked to the sync tech support and found the way to FIX IT, i dont think its a forever fix but what i did is shut the car and sync system off and locate the sync fuse in your cars fuse box mine was fuse number 3 but it should say in your vehicle manual which one it is, remove it and keep it out for no less than 3 minutes maybe 4 for good measure and put it back in and turn on the system and re pair your droid and sync system, this worked for me and i hope it helps, good luck

Captain Jeff

Reaction score
I think I might know what's causing this

I just got a 2011 lincoln m k z and I was listening to my streaming audio on my droid x over bluetooth auido for days. Then the first time I ever used nav destination, as soon as I entered a destination in the navigation it interrupted my music and started telling me the directions to go. after I canceled the navigation the music did not come back on and i haven't been able to stream audio over bluetooth since. I have unpaired / repaired, I have done a master reset and factory reset on the car. Restarted the phone checked phone settings and volume. The problem is not on my end. I will try with another phone and I will also test my current phone with another bluetooth audio device and post the results so we can dechiper weather its the ms sync or droidX

can anyone remember if this problem happened shortly after entering a destination in the navigation?

Captain Jeff

Reaction score
Just wanted to follow up. I read your replies thank you. I took the fuse out 5 amps labeled sync when the car was off for about 3 minutes plug it back in turn the car on repaired my droid and everything worked fine thank you. Thank you!

Pilot145

Reaction score
Same thing here.

Today, my DROID X during a stop at the store decided to no longer pair music with my 2010 Escape's Sync. Phone worked fine.

What DIDN'T work:

* resetting phone
* turning car off/on
* Erasing sync history on phone and droid history in car
* Master Reset (of Sync)
* Factory Defaults (of Sync)
* Trying to update Sync

What DID work

Pulling the fuse out for 5 mins, then putting it back in, repairing the phone.

I don't know if I would have had to repair the phone in this scenario, but I had it already unpaired/erased prior to pulling fuse.

I'm going to give Ford a call tomorrow and make sure they're aware of this link, as I am to Verizon.