Audio for FM transmissions

lwags67

Reaction score
Gym where I go has multiple TV's broadcasting over FM bands. Is there any app that will let me pick up these transmissions. Think answer is NO, but hoping.

OP
L

lwags67

Reaction score
No, found the app and installed it. Will test at gym and see if it will pick up the signals. Looks like it have virtually every frequency covered. Thanks.

Last edited:
OP
L

lwags67

Reaction score
Doesn't work. FM Tuner receives streaming audio but does not receive broadcasts. Razr M does not have capability to receive OTA broadcasts.

lowvolt

Reaction score
Are you sure you installed the right app? The one I looked at specifically says not a streaming app. Need headphones plugged in to use as antenna.

lowvolt

Reaction score
After further research that app is bogus. IMHO. Try searching Google for motoFMRadio.apk. install it and see if that works. I am curious so will try it now and report my findings

App would not install for me. Running CM10.

Last edited:

bigbadwulff

Reaction score
Try this. Play Store: FM Radio by Sutton Shim. It looks like the FM Radio that was on the Droid X. Haven't been able to test it due to not having ear buds with me at the moment. Disregard the negative comments as they come from people the app does not work for in which the developer states it does not work for. Supposed to work on Motorola phones. Hopefully the M has an FM receiver in it.

bigbadwulff

Reaction score
Nope. No FM tuner in the M. If it's any consolation the i-Phone 5 does not have one either.