Audi A4 2011 Bluetooth & Android

geonuine

Reaction score
I also have a HTC Nexus One, latest Android OS 2.3.6, installed just a few days ago. After the update, the phone would not connect to the car (MMI console doesn't show anything when bluetooth is activated).

Until then, it was working, with the occasional error. During a call I would still hear the person on the other end, but they could not hear me. Turning the car's ignition off and then on would fix the problem, but the phone would sometimes go dead. Now, it's not working at all. The Audi service tech says they tried with iPhone and Samsung and it's working fine, but that was before the update to the latest OS version. Now, it's not working at all. Any clues? Anybody with the same problem?

Ciao.

WaldenWoods

Reaction score
I can confirm that I have exactly the same issue as geonuine is describing. The bluetooth connection between my Audi A4 Allroad 2010 and my Nexus One has had its occasional glitches, but essentially it has been working fine. However, after the upgrade to Android 2.3.6 a couple of days ago it does not work at all! The car just says "please connect mobile phone", when it used to auto connect.

I have tried re-pairing. The car discovers the phone, concludes that it has a handsfree profile, but after a couple of seconds returns to the "please connect mobile phone" screen with no result.

Does anyone have a solution? Or can anyone confirm if this is a Nexus One problem only, or also present with other phone models?

saltiel

Reaction score
Nexus S 2.3.6 & Acura TL Bluetooth Dead also

I have the same problem with my TL as of the OTA update this AM to 2.3.6. It worked great before. The only problem I ever had is that sometimes it would not connect initially to the car. A "restart" of the car would fix this 100% of the time and then the connection worked great.

As of this morning it says it has discovered my phone but is never connects.

I will try this in my Honda Odyssey but expect the same problem as the electronics are the same as Acura's.

OP
geonuine

geonuine

Reaction score
Here's what worked for me in the AUDI. Un-pair devices on phone / bluetooth settings. Re-pair, following these steps: 1) activate bluetooth on phone, 2) watch out for phone pop-up - it's only available for a couple of seconds, 3)accept the connection and voila. Any other combination failed. Really strange, but am sure glad it works now.

Ciao.