Attempting to root, not having any luck

Alucard103

Reaction score
As far as I know gingerbreak does not work if you already updated to gingerbread. It will only work on froyo 2.2

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Meticode

Reaction score
GingerBreak v1.2 is not working with my 2.3.3 OS.

Any suggestions?
GingerBreak will not root 2.3.3. I already tried it the 2nd day I had my X2. I researched and what you have to do is SBF flash with RDS Lite back to 2.2.2. Use GingerBreak, then download the rooted version of the stock 2.3.3, but in order to do this you have to use get the System Recovery app that allows you to use the .zip file to do this. You should be able to find out how to do this if you Google "How to rooted Droid X2 2.2.2" or 2.3.3.

Flash SBF back to 2.2.2 with RDS Lite
Use GingerBreak
Install the custom recovery app (that w as found on a Chinese forum)
Install P3Droid's rooted GingerBread.

Also after you do all of this I recommend installing Titanium Backup and removing all the bloatware apps with that, especially the V-Cast ones.

OP
L
Reaction score
Factory reset should take me back to froyo shouldn't it. Phone updated to Gingerbread the night I got it (this last Sun).

The only thing I am interested in doing is getting rid of the bloatware and possibly downloading a speed control app so I can slow my phone down a little (save that battery).

OP
L
Reaction score
Crap....... I consider myself to be so-so technically saavy, and can read and follow directions, but I am wondering if this may be a little out of my league.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Crap....... I consider myself to be so-so technically saavy, and can read and follow directions, but I am wondering if this may be a little out of my league.

If you can follow directions, you'll be fine.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
L
Reaction score
I will do a little more research and see if I feel comfortable trying it. At least I was able to find a forum that can help me out if the poo hits the fan.

03civicdx

Reaction score
Do people not read the stickies? There're there for a reason...

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Alucard103

Reaction score

It is pretty standard stuff. You are sbfing(something everyone should know) then rooting which is using gingerbreak that you already tried to do. Installing the bootstrap which is just 1 button press after you get the .apk installed. Then finally flashing p3droid's rooted gingerbread.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

OP
L
Reaction score
Do people not read the stickies? There're there for a reason...

Appreciate the help.......... Actually what would really help is if there were some kind of legend or dictionary in the stickies that would decipher all of the techno lingo......... much of which I don't understand. I don't even know what an sbf is so gimme a break.

03civicdx

Reaction score
Appreciate the help.......... Actually what would really help is if there were some kind of legend or dictionary in the stickies that would decipher all of the techno lingo......... much of which I don't understand. I don't even know what an sbf is so gimme a break.

If you don't know what it is you probably shouldn't be doing it. Its basically returning the phone back to stock 2.2 so you can run gingerbreak.

OP
L
Reaction score
All I am asking for is a little help, I am pretty sure there was a point in time when you didn't know what an sbf was as well.

03civicdx

Reaction score
All I am asking for is a little help, I am pretty sure there was a point in time when you didn't know what an sbf was as well.

Again, this help you're looking for is in the stickies. I would suggest you read, read, and read a lil more to educate yourself about it a lil more before you attempt to root. That's what I did to make sure I understood the instructions. Making a new thread about it is pointless really when everything in right up there on top.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
OP this video will give you a basic idea of what and how to do a sbf. THIS IS FOR A DX so please use it for knowledge purpose only. The procedure is basically the same but the files are different. If you try to use the dx files to sbf a dx you can BRICK YOUR PHONE.....

[video=youtube;c58XaWnr6XE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c58XaWnr6XE[/video]