Trying to root droid pro for a while now...?

droid_proless

Reaction score
Hello Droid Boys and Gals,
I've been trying to root a droid pro with version 2.3.3 gingerbread..I've tries Z4root...no good...aroot...no good...super one click with gingerbreak...no sucess..I updated the phone as soon as I got my hands on it and updated to 2.3.3..has anyone out there rooted a version 2.3.3 os on a droid pro..would love to here how in detail...Godspeed......JB.:droideris:

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Sorry, I dont have any input for you. I have never used the droid pro or any of the root apps you mentioned. This is not really the right section to post this question. I would contact a mod and have them move the thread to either the droid pro section or maybe the hacking help section.

Sent from my Droid2

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
In order to get rooted gingerbread, you are going to have to sbf back to froyo, then root and install the 2 part rooted gingerbread. Currently, gingerbread is unable to be rooted without installing the prerooted version. All of the files you should need should be in the team black hat app.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Yep, what patmw123 said. You can't root the Gingerbread update for the Pro yet. The only way to have rooted Gingerbread is to install the version from Team Black Hat.