Attach photo to email?

MICHAEL C

Reaction score
How do I attach a photo to an email without using "gallery-share". It does not provide me with an option to send from my other email accounts. Thanks in advance for any advise.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
i guess if you know the name of the pic you could use a file manager, such as astro. I never tried it but why would you not want to use gallery share?

OP
M

MICHAEL C

Reaction score
I have Astro and know of no way to use it to attach a photo to email, using "share" is a fast way to do it but only with the two accounts. I am still trying to find a way to use share with any email account I have. However I think it can't be done.

Droids

Reaction score
I can share via gallery or a file manager, choose gmail, then pick which mail account to send from. Does the other email app not allow choosing an account?

Just checked, and I can attach pics or files within a new email from both gmail app and regular email.

Last edited:
OP
M

MICHAEL C

Reaction score
I can do that from my PC, did not think of trying it from the Droid, I should have, thanks for the help, I will try it from the Droid.

OP
M

MICHAEL C

Reaction score
ok, tried that, hit picture, then share, it showed gmail icon, click on that and it takes me to compose page, no option to use a different email account.

OP
M

MICHAEL C

Reaction score
ok. now it works, after I got to the compose page I hit hard menu button and got the email option to use any email account I have, Finally, thanks again.

Droids

Reaction score
ok, tried that, hit picture, then share, it showed gmail icon, click on that and it takes me to compose page, no option to use a different email account.
On that compose screen, I see a From field, where I can click on it and chose which gmail account to send it from. You have more than one gmail account setup on the phone? If not you won't see that option.

I would think the regular email app would have the same option if more than one account is setup in it.