Problems with downloading email attachments

wayneman

Reaction score
I have ony had my Droid 2.0 for about a month and have it set up to receive my personal emails.. my personal emails come through my account with GoDaddy.
When I access my emails on the Droid and click on a message from the sender...it will not download the email if there is a photo imbedded in the email....or if there is an attachement with photos or a video. It will however, allow me to "download" a site if there is a URL in the text of the email on the Droid.
However,when I click on an "attachment" it will say it is"Loading" and stay that way for the next 5 minutes.... without downloading anything. And it will even do that while I am conntected to Wi-Fi. BTW, I do hit "refresh" and every few days remove the battery from the Droid to refesh it. Still no help.
But, if I email a message to myself from my PC with a "photo" attached ....addressed to my Gmail account...the message and photo appears immediately.
Unfortunately, when I have spoken with the Verizon tech people...I haven't been able to find one who is very knowledgeable about the matter....so I have had no help from them.
What do I need to do????
One last matter, one of the members on the Forum said he set up his emails on Yahoo.... to be automatically forwarded to his Gmail account on the Droid... so that the emails appear immediately...with photos, videos, immediately.
Sounds like a good way to do it...but does anyone know how I can do that with my personal emails coming through GoDaddy.....where I can still have the GoDaddy emails....continue to go to my PC....but have the GoDaddy emails forwarded to my Gmail Account???
If yes, would you tell me how to do that and also is this advisable? Or is there a better way to do this. Unfortunately my Droid only pulls up the emails every 15 minutes...so thats a drag!
Thanks for any advice here.