A few email issues

allsounds

Reaction score
2 Weeks ago I switched from being a blackberry user for 6+ years, to the droid. I love the phone, I am always finding new things that it can do. BUT... here are my problems, they all have to do with email.

I have two pop email accounts, both hosted through godaddy. One is personal, the other is business. The Droid will check for email every five minutes, but sometimes it will not find emails that are in my webmail box until hours later.

Another issue, I will delete emails or mark read, only for them to pop back up as a new email immediately after I do so.

I understand that my POP email will not be pushed to my phone, and I am ok with that. What bothers me is that I am not getting important emails until sometimes hours later, and I need to spend more time on my phone deleting emails then I need to. My employer will not switch to Google hosting of our email, so I am kind of stuck. I know I can forward my emails to gmail, but then I am dealing with two copies of the same email showing up on my phone, because I need to keep my pop account to allow me to respond to emails.

I hope this makes sense, and thanks for all the help in advance.

Matt

bbtkd

Reaction score
2 Weeks ago I switched from being a blackberry user for 6+ years, to the droid. I love the phone, I am always finding new things that it can do. BUT... here are my problems, they all have to do with email.

I have two pop email accounts, both hosted through godaddy. One is personal, the other is business. The Droid will check for email every five minutes, but sometimes it will not find emails that are in my webmail box until hours later.

Another issue, I will delete emails or mark read, only for them to pop back up as a new email immediately after I do so.

I understand that my POP email will not be pushed to my phone, and I am ok with that. What bothers me is that I am not getting important emails until sometimes hours later, and I need to spend more time on my phone deleting emails then I need to. My employer will not switch to Google hosting of our email, so I am kind of stuck. I know I can forward my emails to gmail, but then I am dealing with two copies of the same email showing up on my phone, because I need to keep my pop account to allow me to respond to emails.

Matt

I too use POP Email but with one exception have had no problems. Just recently I got no Emails all day, so I rebooted the phone and then it worked. Other have reported issues similar to yours and found that if they limited it to one POP Email box, then it worked fine. Sounds like a bug, hopefully to be fixed in a future release. As far as deleting them just to have them pop back up - whether intended or not, it will do this if you tell it not to delete off the server.

famac!

Reaction score
POP3 is unreliable on the droid. Check the sig and star the issue.

OP
A

allsounds

Reaction score
Thanks for the prompt responses, I have followed the link and posted my problem on there as well. Hopefully we will see a fix soon!

Thanks,

Matt

RedTarget

Reaction score
I've had similar problems and starred the article as well.

I love Google, I just hope they realize that they aren't the only game in town and giving people options is what will help keep everyone happy!

OP
A

allsounds

Reaction score
I woke up this morning with 1 email on my phone... sure enough I check the email on my computer.... 29 new items.

I really don't want to go back to my blackberry, but I have been waiting to throw it up on ebay.

bchockey

Reaction score
I ran into POP3 problems as well, and read of many users in a similar situation (mail works for awhile,then you don't get any new messages unless you pop the battery ). I followed someone else's suggestion to download the K-9 email app, and it works great! No more jammed up email. I took my account settings out of the default email client, configured K-9, and all has been well for a week now.

OP
A

allsounds

Reaction score
I ran into POP3 problems as well, and read of many users in a similar situation (mail works for awhile,then you don't get any new messages unless you pop the battery ). I followed someone else's suggestion to download the K-9 email app, and it works great! No more jammed up email. I took my account settings out of the default email client, configured K-9, and all has been well for a week now.

Thanks, I just installed the k-9 app and love it compared to the built in one. I like the fact that I an have the phone check for email every minute, instead of having to wait 5 minutes like the other app.

craigcap

Reaction score

Matt

I too use POP Email but with one exception have had no problems. Just recently I got no Emails all day, so I rebooted the phone and then it worked. Other have reported issues similar to yours and found that if they limited it to one POP Email box, then it worked fine. Sounds like a bug, hopefully to be fixed in a future release. As far as deleting them just to have them pop back up - whether intended or not, it will do this if you tell it not to delete off the server.

Yes but if it doesn't delete off the server, what't the point? So after deleting all my emails on my droid, I have to then go and delete them all again on the PC? Sometimes I don't check PC for days so this can be alot of email. All just seems very unproductive. I wish they had a good email app :mad: