Deleted POP email keeps returning??

estochin

Reaction score
I have several POP email accounts on my Verizon Droid.
As the mail comes in, I read it and then delete it.
That same deleted email keeps showing up as new and reloads in each POP email account.

I can't understand this one, I've set up the POP accounts correctly.
Any help would be appreciated.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is a known issue - I had the same exact problem. I downloaded a mail program (free) called K-9 Mail. It's WAY better than the Droid's email program and doesn't have this bug. In fact it's far more like the blackberry and how it handles email.

tritop15

Reaction score
I have the same issue with my Droid. Hopefully they fix this on the software update in December. I'm going to try the K-9 mail and see how that works.

Do you guys get the same issue as not getting any email notifications with Yahoo? I set it to every 5 minutes but it never checks every 5 minutes. Very annoying!

Tegaor

Reaction score
Ihave had this problem intermittently as well. I'll try K-9.

On a related note, I posted re: a problem with e-mail disappearing from my inbox. I have discovered the source of the problem but don't yet have an answer.

On my iTouch, when I receive mail, it stays in the iTouch regardless of whether I delete the e-mail off the server entirely. Not so with the Droid! Once I use Outlook Express to pull my e-mail off the server, my e-mail disappears from my inbox on the Droid. An immediate workaround is to change the settings on OE to not delete off the server, but I get so much mail this would use up my e-mail space quickly.

Does anyone else have this problem?

OP
E

estochin

Reaction score
Thank you for the K-9 suggestion... if it's like the Blackberry interface, that will be nice.

By the way, I have 700 email messages in the Trash Folder. Is there a way to 'bulk' delete all of these?

Knowledge is wonderful... thanks for sharing yours!

nosrndr

Reaction score
Ihave had this problem intermittently as well. I'll try K-9.

On a related note, I posted re: a problem with e-mail disappearing from my inbox. I have discovered the source of the problem but don't yet have an answer.

On my iTouch, when I receive mail, it stays in the iTouch regardless of whether I delete the e-mail off the server entirely. Not so with the Droid! Once I use Outlook Express to pull my e-mail off the server, my e-mail disappears from my inbox on the Droid. An immediate workaround is to change the settings on OE to not delete off the server, but I get so much mail this would use up my e-mail space quickly.

Does anyone else have this problem?

I have this problem. Set the Droid and i-Touch side by side. Have a verizon.net email account. Check email on both. Both download e-mails fine. Open Outlook on the home computer and download e-mail. Check both devices and i-Touch still has e-mails, but they are gone from the Droid. ANY HELP??

Tegaor

Reaction score
nosrndr,
at the advice of another user, I now just funnel all mail accounts through gmail. I've also set up in Outlook to keep messages on the server. I personally am not crazy about this option, as I don't find the "conversation" UI approach in Gmail to be very intuitive (although I may get used to it).

On a slightly related note does Gmail on the Droid have a "sent" folder and a "deleted" folder? I can't find them.

Silver Member
Reaction score
nosrndr,
at the advice of another user, I now just funnel all mail accounts through gmail. I've also set up in Outlook to keep messages on the server. I personally am not crazy about this option, as I don't find the "conversation" UI approach in Gmail to be very intuitive (although I may get used to it).

On a slightly related note does Gmail on the Droid have a "sent" folder and a "deleted" folder? I can't find them.
steps in my sig

jzmotodroid

Reaction score
i had same problem earlier with optimum.com and yahoo.com mail accounts. but the problem is gone by itself now.

Wendy

Reaction score
I had that problem with the email program, so I set the gmail up with IMAP settings & set it to check my pop mail. Problem solved. :)