Asus Officially Launches the Transformer Prime - Coming December for $499

alboboy10

Reaction score
500 for 32GB quad core is not expensive. The iPad is 750.

You don't NEED the keyboard dock. Defeats the purpose of a tablet

magdream

Reaction score
I may have missed it, but what's the clock speed of the quad core processor?

DawsonMobley

Reaction score
does it have a way to add more storage space or are you limited to the 32 or 64 gb's of storage that it comes with? A simple sd card slot would allow you to add a lot more storage relatively cheaply.

This is the first time I have really seriously considered buying a tablet. I have no use for a full notebook but a tablet would be nice for surfing the web on the couch and on trips. Plus I really like the looks and specs on this one and 500 bucks for the 32 gig is cheaper than I expected it to be.

Last edited:

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
You totally forgot to include the Tegra 3 in your spec list :p

I thought the same... that is the most important thing lol.... quad core!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

patriot95

Reaction score
Let's not start offending people please. And actually, a tablet can't do anything a netbook can.

I wasn't trying to offend anyone. There are a couple things that a netbook can do that you can't accomplish with an Android tablet. There are also things that an Android tablet can do that a netbook can not. There is a reason why the netbook market is gone. If you want something for word processing, browsing, simple photo editing, video chat, taking pictures, sending emails, or reading magazines/books... a tablet is a better choice than a netbook with a miserable resolution, poor processing and poor build quality straining to run Windows 7 Starter.

deputc26

Reaction score
With all this talk of netbooks vs. tablets I think it's fair to say that this tablet actually will be as fast as most Atom-based netbooks are, at least for surfing the web. A honeycomb tablet gets ~2200ms on the sunspider javascript benchmark (The tab 7.7 gets 1440ms) with two A9 cores at 1ghz. So assuming the android browser is well threaded this should put the Prime in the 800ms area which is faster than an Atom n270 which scores about 1300ms with Chrome. I am unsure and would like to see more data but it looks to me like Tegra 3 is comparable to Atom in raw performance.

bigfake23

Reaction score
I wonder if someone would be able to port ICS to this before ASUS can. I sure hope so.

SEColwell

Reaction score
I want a tablet just not sure which one to get.....Xoom? Galaxy Tab? wait for this beast? just dont know yet but if i get a Christmas bonus I am getting one!!!!

patriot95

Reaction score
I want a tablet just not sure which one to get.....Xoom? Galaxy Tab? wait for this beast? just dont know yet but if i get a Christmas bonus I am getting one!!!!

If you only need wifi the Prime is the obvious choice.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
how do I install this in my car lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Where can you buy the Prime now?

looks like a release next week... they dropped the ball on advertising this thing.. it truly is the best tablet

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk