Asus Reveals Official North American Release Date of Transformer Prime: December 19th

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;jIK51LRLud4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=jIK51LRLud4[/video]​

Cutting though all the speculation and getting right to the heart of the matter, Asus has released a cool video of their new Transformer Prime quad-core Android tablet, along with an official release date of December 19th in North America. There is no word on European and Asia markets, but they are expected to make announcements soon. As just as a quick reminder, here are the specs on this ultra-high-end device:
  • NVIDIA Tegra 3 Quad-Core Processor
  • 1GB RAM
  • 32GB or 64GB Internal Storage ($499 & $599 pricing respectively)
  • 8MP Rear Camera with 1.2MP Up Front
  • 10.1" LED Backlit IPS+ display at 1280x800
  • Android 3.2 to be Updated to 4.0 ASAP
  • MicroSD Slot
  • Micro HDMI
Now, that Asus has shared their official release date, it begs the questions, why can't all manufacturers and carriers follow their example? Asus seems to be very good at giving people a heads-up when they plan to launch something. Everyone else should take notice.

Source: TransformerForums via AndroidPolice

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
For some reason i really want one but then again i feel like i'd never use it ha i can't decide to get it or not

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
I'd love to get my hands on one of these but I don't want to pay for it :wink-b: It's coming out a few days before my birthday maybe DF would be nice enough to send me one for my birthday! :big smile:

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yea exactly and if df sends me one too we'll see if we can add one more rom than it has cores :) lol

Sent from my evo 3d at 1.8ghz

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
good 8 days before bday i will own

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
where can you pre order 64 gig model .. 32 gig anywhere almost but no 64 :(

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Do these things 'talk' to USB HD's? You know the small portable ones?

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Thinkin about getting one of these. Might wait a few months though and wait for the price go down a bit.

bigfake23

Reaction score
I want a Red Ryder bb gun with a compass and ASUS Transformer Prime

Eric18

Reaction score
I wish they could make a Dock (Keyboard) that has the ability to play DVD's, Blue Ray, and CD's as well as computer games. They could put memory, a video card, and more in the Dock (Keyboard) so it could process this without taking space on the tablet and the Tablet could just be used as a Screen for this things. Wouldn't that take care of the difference why laptops may be batter??

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
At some point, you arent going to need dvd, blue ray and cds.. heck almost there now... it will all be digitized and the keyboard on the screen. or, just talk to it and tell it what to do.

But this things a beat.. my wife rocked it out for me.. BDay and Christmas combo.. pre ordered and ready to go. Now I can be "that guy" out in public who looks cool...lol Actually, I just want to play angry birds on a bigger screen..lol OK really, its a good tool for my work.. drivers can check in and out, i can see where they are on a map, route them to new stops, get signed receipts on the fly.. etc etc.. the list goes on and on.. it will be nice to have.

My dad always hated the fact that he would die before technology really took off. Maybe I live long enough to tell him about it when we meet again.

spyder560

Reaction score
If this is anything like going from a single core Droid to a dual core as far as snappiness is concerned, I'm sold, out with the GTab10.1, in with the Transformer! Sooo tired of the GTab's laggy/choppyness.