Asus Eee Pad Slider Now Available In The US

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
asusslider.jpg

Popular US electronics retailer NewEgg is now offering the highly anticipated Asus EeePad Slider Android tablet for $479 in a 16gb version and $579 for a 32gb version. Asus just about shocked the world with the build, quality and popularity of their EeePad Transformer Android tablet. It sold out quickly at many retail outlets. Asus built the tablet around a line of popular accessories including a keyboard and popular dock with USB and HDMI. The display on the Asus Transformer tablet was an eye turner as well.

The Asus Eee Pad Slider tablet features a full sized qwerty keyboard that slides out from under the tablet, hence the name Eee Pad Slider.

In addition to the keyboard the Slider features a dual-core Nvidia Tegra 2 processor, 10.1 inch 1280×800 touchscreen, and 1gb of RAM. As for cameras, it has a 5 mega-pixel rear facing camera capable of shooting 1080p HD video. It also has a front facing camera for video calls over wifi. It also has a working microSD card slot.

by Garemlin

Source: Android.net via TheDroidGuy and Newegg

Last edited:

debdroid1a

Reaction score
A few years ago I got a netbook (all I need in a computer) and was looking at about $400. But for this, $479 is a good price and I might have been willing to go up that high... maybe... I would prefer more drive slots, like a USB or even another card slot. My netbook has 3 USB and one SD card slot, but I guess with everything wireless, bluetooth and in the clouds, they're not needed as much.

trestevenson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
This is one "tablet" that my girlfriend was actually excited about. I'm thinking I might pick one up for Christmas.

bigdad63

Reaction score
I hardly ever touch my laptop now that I have my touchpad. I'm pretty good on the virtual keyboard but the added flexibility of the physical keyboard would be really nice.

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
At first glance the 16GB Slider at $479 is a pretty good deal. Given the 16GB Transformer is $400, plus another $125 for the keyboard/dock -- I figured the Slider would run around $500. However, remember that you get the additional battery with the Transformer dock, plus a touchpad on the keyboard.

I thought this was a really nice side-by-side comparison of the two:

ASUS Eee Pad Transformer vs ASUS Eee Pad Slider: Two Sides of the Same Coin

I really, really like the Slider form factor, but this comparison left me feeling that if the Transformer dropped to $400 with the dock I'd jump on it.

-Matt

Anomander

Reaction score
My family and I have been loving the Transformer (32GB) since I got it back in June. This looks like a nice option too.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Looks awesome and the whole physical KB is very appealing. Now I just need to come up with a good excuse to buy another tablet :)

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
As long as it took them you'd think a better processor would've been used. I will not be getting this. The extra pound of my Transformer with the keyboard dock isn't going to hurt me that much and to me, this looks really awkward.

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Darnit...they had 10 units. Sold out. :(

-Matt
And now relisted by Beach at $408. Sorry, I guess I spotted the "pricing error" before they did. That's what I get for keeping so many tabs open and using price trackers all the time! :icon_rolleyes:

-Matt