Asurion Having Open Enrollment

AngryHatter

Reaction score
I was on the phone with Verizon discussing insurance.
Since I am way passed the 30 days Verizon was naturally telling me no, wait until your two years are up and then...
She pauses, asks to call me back.

It seems Asurion is having an open enrollment.
$99 deductable and the same $6.99 a month.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
The only people I know that hate it are the ones trying to play the system.

Great company, replaced several devices with zero problems.

gsu_golfer

Reaction score
The only people I know that hate it are the ones trying to play the system.

Great company, replaced several devices with zero problems.

Never tried to play the system here, still received a good number of completely crappy devices. The one positive experience I had with Asurion was when they FINALLY replaced one of their POS phones they sent me with a new one.

nmos

Reaction score
Everyone is different but on average you're probably better off just setting aside the money you would have spent on insurance and use that to buy a replacement if needed. If your job or lifestyle put your phone in greater than average danger or if you are willing to game the system then it might be worth it.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

D

dankarlinski

I have always had great luck with assurion. I am a mechanic, so I get oil and stuff in/on my phone all the time. Having the insurance is a peace of mind

From my Liberated Droid 2 (Liberty v 1.5)

RCFlyn

Reaction score
I too have good luck with Assuron... My first experience was with a Palm Centro that decided it wanted to take a Bath with the baby when I was putting her into the Tub...
The next was with my Eris. The First Phone they sent me would burn through the Battery in like 2 hours, I went to Verizon the day after I recieved the phone, they Called Assuron for me, Assuron Found a Brand Spanking NEW Droid Eris to replace it with... Unfortunately, My X Came the Same Day the BRAND NEW Eris came in, so the Eris got trasfered to an unused line I've got, and I just fiddle around with it...
Assuron Works for me....

Marky Mark

Reaction score
Asurion is going up on their prices per the flyer I received in the mail on the deductible by $10, but lowering their monthly fee by $1. Can they do that in the middle of a contract?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Asurion is going up on their prices per the flyer I received in the mail on the deductible by $10, but lowering their monthly fee by $1. Can they do that in the middle of a contract?

Sure, did you sign a contract with them? I pretty sure you didn't. Your paying a monthly fee for a service.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
asurion is not bad.
as said... the ones hating them are the ones trying to take advantage of them.
I've had good luck with my replacements through asurion.

Marky Mark

Reaction score

Sure, did you sign a contract with them? I pretty sure you didn't. Your paying a monthly fee for a service.
Ya I understand that part. So we can cancel and restart this service whenever? i thought you had to agree to this service and terms when you bought the phone and could not take this service later.

But I guess my point is, that this is more $$ in their pocket as I am sure they did their research by giving up a $1 on the monthly charge, and adding the $10 more per claim.

And I too have never had an issue with them thus far.

gsu_golfer

Reaction score
asurion is not bad.
as said... the ones hating them are the ones trying to take advantage of them.
I've had good luck with my replacements through asurion.

I'll hate on Asurion as long as they're around and people ask about them, but I've never attempted to commit insurance fraud (which is what you're alleging of people that don't like them).