Asurion or Verizon

Parter28

Reaction score
Hi, I'm hoping someone here can help me figure out something. I want to get a replacement OG. The thing is that I don't know if I have to do it through Verizon or Asurion. I got the phone back in March, and after a week of having it was dropped in a pool, and I had it replaced through Asurion. I paid the $89, and got a brand new one in 2 days. Now I want to replace it again because the earpiece is kind of messed up. The volume on it is pretty low, and I'm forced to use the speakers sometimes. There is also an issue w/ the volume up key that's gotten stuck, which makes it pretty hard to use sometimes. There are also a few other things, but they're no big deal. Those two are the main things that are bugging me, specially the low volume on the earpiece.
Now my question is, who should I ask for the replacement? Verizon or Asurion? It'd be nice if I could avoid the $89 fee, but am I still eligible since I replaced mine through Asurion already. It hasn't been a year jet, so I don't know if I'm still under warranty.
Also I've heard that know they're giving refurbished phones, and that sometimes they're worse than the one you used to have. What do you guys think, should I even bother?
Thanks in advance for any help.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Once you dropped the first Droid in the water, your warranty ended. Asurion does a warranty on their replacements but I believe it's only 90 days. Check at their website on that.

OP
P

Parter28

Reaction score
Once you dropped the first Droid in the water, your warranty ended. Asurion does a warranty on their replacements but I believe it's only 90 days. Check at their website on that.

It's been well over 90 days, but I can still get another replacemnt. I'm not sure if it s worth the $89 though. Thanks for the help Hookbill