Asurion and Droid 1. What will be my replacement?

joemustang

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I broke my D1 screen today. I was planning on just living with it until the THunderbolt came out until I sliced my thumb on it haha and had to pull glass out of it. OUCH.

Anyway, since the D1 is no longer available does anyone know what phone Asurion will give me? D2 or Dx maybe? Does anyone know if ill be able to choose?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
They might give you a refurb D1? I know that's what VZW does with replacements.

You might be lucky and get a D2 if they are out of stock with the D1.

I don't know how Asurion works, I never bought into the whole insurance thing.

OP
J

joemustang

Reaction score
Dang. I was hoping they wouldn't have anymore D1. When I did a search on google people were getting DX replacements a while back. I didn't know if they were still doing that. But oh well hopefully the thunderbolt will be released this week.

Thanks for letting me know everyone.

Landb73

Reaction score
They tried giving me a refurbished D1 but it kept loosing signal. So I griped about it and they asked me if I would settle for a droid 2. So I agreed and got the droid 2.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
They tried giving me a refurbished D1 but it kept loosing signal. So I griped about it and they asked me if I would settle for a droid 2. So I agreed and got the droid 2.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

and yet you wonder why the insurance prices are as high as they are..

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score

dodgerblue

Reaction score
I had a D1, dropped it on Christmas Eve, the screen broke. I called Assurion and they informed me that they no longer made the D1. I was given a choice of the D2, R2D2, and the Droid Incredible. I went with the D2...I love it! Its an awesome little machine!

sent from my DROID2 machine

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Anyway, since the D1 is no longer available does anyone know what phone Asurion will give me? D2 or Dx maybe? Does anyone know if ill be able to choose?
As always with this question: call and ask. It depends on stock.

rebma85

Reaction score
Asurion offered Droid Global

I just called and they offered me the Droid global. I have the droid 2 and they didn't have any 2's in stock. I asked what else could they offer and she said nothing.

fyi.

OP
J

joemustang

Reaction score
I just called and they offered me the Droid global. I have the droid 2 and they didn't have any 2's in stock. I asked what else could they offer and she said nothing.

fyi.

thanks for the heads up. What did you tell them? did you complain or did they just offer you a D2 without you even asking? I called on the 22nd of Feb and they told me they would give me a refurbished D1.

Exayex

Reaction score
It sounds like you can probably bully your way into a new phone if you're smart about it and don't seem like you just broke your phone for a free upgrade.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

rebma85

Reaction score

fyi.

thanks for the heads up. What did you tell them? did you complain or did they just offer you a D2 without you even asking? I called on the 22nd of Feb and they told me they would give me a refurbished D1.

Your welcome!

Actually I started with my claim online and there was a message that said...

"Claimed device not currently in stock. Unfortunately, your device is not currently in stock and is no longer produced by the manufacturer. However, we do have a comparable model we can ship immediately."

I decided to call just to make sure they didn't have anything else to offer. I explained that it looked like a gray phone and I wanted black. She explained it was a step up from the Droid 2 and it was global. I told her that I wasn't planning on going out of the country and that didn't do me any good. The rep was nice and said she'd ask her boss if there was any other replacements. She came back and said there wasn't but I could check back if I wanted. She said it really depends on what is in stock at the time.

My phone turns off and on at any time and we've done resets and everything. I've been just dealing with it for now.

I just checked the Asurion page and it's still the replacement for my droid 2. I may go ahead and get it.

Last edited: