Droid 1 Asurion claim

m1ghtysauc3

Reaction score
My wife has been through six (6) Droid 1s since last June. Verizon just keeps sending her used Droids with the same issues as the last. Anyone know what Asurion is sending out for replacement? If it's a Droid 2 or better her phone may take a bubble bath or go rock climbing soon :D

z96Cobra

Reaction score
If you plan on committing insurance fraud, it probably isn't wise to tell everyone about it.

debrad0307

Reaction score
He never said he was going to commit insurance fraud. I'd honestly do the same thing if I kept getting phones with the same issues. Anywho, just because they discontinued the Droid 1 doesn't mean they don't have any in stock. I believe that they keep a certain amount of phones for that reason. You may want to double check though.

Tappin and talkin on my DROIDX

cobjones

Reaction score
6? What is the problem?

Proximity sensor. Constantly puts people on mute and hangs up on people. The people at Verizon look at me like I'm practicing sorcery when I say "proximity sensor". One guy actually asked what that is. Embarrassing.

I had this same problem, and sent back 5 of them... the 6th one they sent me was a D2... not one problem at all with it (aside from the bootload, but now that is remedied.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
m1ghtysauc3

m1ghtysauc3

Reaction score
He never said he was going to commit insurance fraud. I'd honestly do the same thing if I kept getting phones with the same issues. Anywho, just because they discontinued the Droid 1 doesn't mean they don't have any in stock. I believe that they keep a certain amount of phones for that reason. You may want to double check though.

Tappin and talkin on my DROIDX

Yeah I was wondering about that. I know they are out of the DX and are sending out DX2s so I figured they would have to be out of the original gangsta droid. Thanks for the advice.

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
I just put a claim in a couple weeks ago for a D1 and I got a D1. The guy said they had plenty. I was surprised too because a few months ago you couldn't get one as a replacement.

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just put a claim in a couple weeks ago for a D1 and I got a D1. The guy said they had plenty. I was surprised too because a few months ago you couldn't get one as a replacement.

Probably from lots of people upgrading to the "newer, better" phones...my customized D1 still beats most new stock phones lol

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score

Probably from lots of people upgrading to the "newer, better" phones...my customized D1 still beats most new stock phones lol

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

That's exactly it....the TBolt, X2 and Dinc2 buyers I'll bet.

z96Cobra

Reaction score
If you plan on committing insurance fraud, it probably isn't wise to tell everyone about it.

You realize insurance claims aren't free right? I would have to pay. Good luck at your next boy scout meeting though.

So when you want a new car, you just drive your old one into a lake and pay a few hundred $ deductible for a newer one? You're the one that said you'd throw your phone into a bubble bath if you could get a newer model. Intentionally damaging an insured item to get a different/newer/better item is insurance fraud.

Beka27

Reaction score
The OP said that the item has a legitimate issue. He would be paying the deductible. So i guess I don't see what the problem is. He wouldn't have to immerse the phone, all he has to do is be honest and see what can be done.

Asurion only offers upgraded replacements when the original phone is gone. Let's say they're out of OGDroids and send out Droid2s (for a limited time). If they send out 50 Droid2s and those 50 people send in their OGDroids, after "fixing" them, they now have 50 OGDroids to send out and will no longer replace with D2s. As phones get cycled thru, the replacement changes.

What happens is that people post on sites like this "OMG!!! I got a D2 for my D1!!!", so some people find "faults" with their phone in an effort to "upgrade". Some will get the D2, some will get recently returned and refurbed D1s.

If there's an issue, replace it, but don't expect to be moved up to the next device.

Sal R.

Reaction score
I had my awesome D1 replaced by 4 crappy "CLIN" D1 replacements.

All my D1 replacements had a hardware problem that I was not willing to accept, especially after 2yrs of subscription + the deductible (this was my first claim ever.)
1 - Headphone jack did not play audio
2 - Dust under the screen
3 - Scratch in front of camera lens glass
4 - Randomly reboots even when completely stock every couple of hours.

After my 4th one, they sent out a new D2G.

It just sits in my drawer unpowered. I miss my OG droid.

Like others have said, they'll send out CLIN replacements first, if in stock. Otherwise, you might get "lucky" and get a D2 or D2G.

OP
m1ghtysauc3

m1ghtysauc3

Reaction score

You realize insurance claims aren't free right? I would have to pay. Good luck at your next boy scout meeting though.

So when you want a new car, you just drive your old one into a lake and pay a few hundred $ deductible for a newer one? You're the one that said you'd throw your phone into a bubble bath if you could get a newer model. Intentionally damaging an insured item to get a different/newer/better item is insurance fraud.

Seriously? Are you the corporate daddy? Go get a life and stop trying to find forum posts so you can preach your love for Verizon.