Astro goes the ad route.

thatguychuck

Reaction score
I guess something like this was expected eventually, but still....boo. I didn't see an add free paid version out either.

JP 5.56

Reaction score
Astro is taking a beating in the comments section of the market. I bet theres a paid/ad free version up before too long.

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
It's ads now? Feh. Between OI File Manager and System Panel App I think I have all the functions covered anyway, except for root and I haven't needed that yet anyway.

Sent from my Droid using TARDIStalk

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
It surprised me with today's update too. I agree, there'll probably be an add-free paid version soon.

JP 5.56

Reaction score
I have root explorer but I really prefered ASTRO for most things, ads will change that.

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
Yea I installed astro manager but it stayed unused in favor of root explorer.

That is pretty lame they took a free app and with an update introduced ads suddenly amongst the population relying on it.

modified

Reaction score
Astro is much more polished than Root Explorer. Its actually got colors, and it displays the .apk files pictures in the sd card.

Skurvy_Pirate

Reaction score
I really don't see what the big deal with ads is. I mean it's an awesome app and they aren't charging for it... Also, if you are modded you can turn off the ads (although it still has the blank area). It's one little thing at the bottom, not that big a deal to me. I guess they could offer a paid version with no ads which I am sure they will.

In the meantime for everyone who can't stand ads, I would check out EStrongs File Explorer. It looks almost exactly the same and has the exact same features, and more, then Astro. It also has more UI options like displaying folders more similar to a computer desktop.