Assigning/Customising Ringtones

badcatbeans

Reaction score
Please forgive if this is discussed on another thread as I searched and didn't find anything....

Anyone know how or is a tad annoyed by this issue? On my Droid1 I was able to assign a ringtone to my voicemail notification that was different from a sms/text message notification.

I've gone through every menu and various routes to get to Settings and I just do not see how I can do this as I have assigned my text message notification tone and it comes up being the same ringtone when I receive a voicemail. Grrrr!

Thanks for any input.

Last edited:

Scribble

Reaction score
Text message ringtone is in the settings when you're actually in the text message app.

Email ringtone is in the email app, in a weird spot, you have to scroll down to notification settings then click on labels to notify. (I think you can assign a different tone to each label.)

What do you use for VM? I use google voice, so I haven't looked for the default settings...

OP
B

badcatbeans

Reaction score

Droichuck, thank you. However Ringo Lite doesn't address the issue I am seeking solution. I don't wish to assign differing ringtones for different contacts or change my voicemail notification ringtone.

Perhaps I need to be more specific. The Droid1 was able to assign a desired seperate ringtone for email, voicemail and sms/text, respecitvely.

I'm happy with my sms/text ringtone notification, but by system default on the Bionic, one cannot choose a differing ringtone notification for voicemail. Hence my disappointment. Oh well.

Last edited:
OP
B

badcatbeans

Reaction score
Text message ringtone is in the settings when you're actually in the text message app.

Email ringtone is in the email app, in a weird spot, you have to scroll down to notification settings then click on labels to notify. (I think you can assign a different tone to each label.)

What do you use for VM? I use google voice, so I haven't looked for the default settings...

Scribble, I know email ringtone is in the email app (which I don't utilise as I grew tired of the constant audible for the hundreds of emails I recieve from my facebook, work, gmail, hotmail, yahoo and old internet provider aol's accounts). The sms/text message is in the app and I've set it to my desired choice. Unfortunately, it is the same ringtone notification as the voicemail not able to be differentiated. The voicemail notification ringtone is lacking in available choices going from the Droid1 to the Bionic. (Let me add: I had to wait two years for the "New in 2" deal at Verizon or else pay the full $5xx.xx for an upgrade, so it is a tad similar to going from a Windows 95 to Windows 7, lol).

My voicemail service -- I have no choice. It is what comes and supplied from Verizon.

Again, oh well. One more dissapointment with this new toy as I'd like a shortcut and/or widget to change from 4G to 3G without going through so many menus... maybe a future update or new model I'll have to wait another two years to buy. :angry:

Thanks for your thoughtful reply.

portermac

Reaction score
I'll bet you there is an app for all your problems. There are a lot of different voice mail apps. I use youmail as it will send it to my phone without calling your voice mail.
You just have to find the apps to transform you bionic to your specifications. That's what makes Android different than the I phone and I love it . Customize to your hearts content.Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Scribble

Reaction score
My voicemail service -- I have no choice. It is what comes and supplied from Verizon.

The whole point of smartphones is you have a choice! :D Download Google Voice, I know you can change the notification tone in that one.

Again, oh well. One more dissapointment with this new toy as I'd like a shortcut and/or widget to change from 4G to 3G without going through so many menus... maybe a future update or new model I'll have to wait another two years to buy. :angry:

Thanks for your thoughtful reply.

There are a ton of those in the app store already (most of them free.)