Custom ringtones for Notifications. Possible?

masonicemblem

Reaction score
I am having trouble assigning custom ringtones to notifications such as text messages, alarms, voicemail, etc. to my new incredible. Is this not possible? Can anyone help if so?

OP
M

masonicemblem

Reaction score
Cool. I'll be sure to look into that 'Sound Manager' app and hopefully i'll find it and it can be put to use. I'll be sure to let you know and hope this helps anyone else. Thanks.

JeffBea

Reaction score
Zedge works for ringtones and sms. free and works great.

oakindustries

Reaction score
I am having trouble assigning custom ringtones to notifications such as text messages, alarms, voicemail, etc. to my new incredible. Is this not possible? Can anyone help if so?

Get astro file manager from the android market. Go into your sd card with that program. Find your "media" folder on the sd card. If there isn't one make one. Inside this folder make the following folders...

audio

pictures

video

Add your content to these folders.

Inside the audio folder make...

alarms
music
notifications
ringtones

Now add the sounds you want into those folders and they will show up in the list when you are trying to change to anything other than the default sounds.

Ainvar

Reaction score
I just place all my sounds in the correct area on my sd card and I dont have to use any 3rd party apps.

/media/audio/ringtones
/media/audio/notifications
/media/audio/alarms

From there all my ringtones show up, notifications for gtalk, sms, mms, and so forth show up, and lastly so does my alarms. I also assign my ringtones to the contacts I want and call it a day.

Hope this helps and it was not redundant.