Changing Notification Sounds

Boostedawd91

Reaction score
Is it possible to assign different notification sounds for emails, text messages, voicemails and so on? I know on the original droid i was able to change the alerts for my email accounts so i know the different between getting a text message and a email. I don't like having the same notification for everything on the phone and i don't see anyway to change it unless im missing something

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
in the email app -
MENU>EMAIL SETTINGS>NOTIFICATIONS>SELECT RINGTONE

in the gmail app -
MENU>MORE>SETTINGS>(under Account settings)<your email account>>NOTIFICATION SETTINGS>LABELS TO NOTIFY>INBOX>RINGTONE

the GMAIL one is burried deep, but it's there.

crxlvr

Reaction score
why the F is there no silent notifications choice. When i turn the phone on and it checks for the sd card and media scanner the ringer goes off both times. I like to only have notifications for texts, but there is no silent option, wtf motorola

stevo95

Reaction score
why the F is there no silent notifications choice. When i turn the phone on and it checks for the sd card and media scanner the ringer goes off both times. I like to only have notifications for texts, but there is no silent option, wtf motorola

Go to settings > sounds > uncheck SD card notifications

OP
B

Boostedawd91

Reaction score
ok thanks, i found it. I was looking in the gmail app which there is no options to change in that one which is why i couldnt find it. Does that email app account for both email apps? Also is it possible to change the name of the email app on the home page? I would like to change it to say AOL Mail instead of email. Is that possible?
Thanks