As of today...if you were going to buy a new Droid...

TOBASCO

Reaction score
which one would it be?

My wife is going to upgrade on Verizon to a Droid based phone. Right now we're leaning toward the Incredible, but I thought before we head to the store that we would check what the latest thinking is from the experts.

What's your choice and why?

Thanks for all input!
:)

flash24

Reaction score
I recently got the Droid Pro and it was the best decision I have ever made. Coming from a Blackberry, the transition was smooth. Keyboard is excellent, the device is blazing fast, and you can't go wrong with Android OS.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

Darkseider

Reaction score
Don't get anything now unless you HAVE to. Within the next couple of months the dual core Tegra 2 phones will be released on Verizon offering far better performance than any of the current models. IF you have to get one now I would go with the Fascinate or the Incredible.

patfactorx

Reaction score
Droid 2 global has the fastest processor right now. Just saying

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Like DS, if you don't have to get it now, wait.

If you need it now, then get the S.

Beka27

Reaction score
I've been very impressed playing with the Nexus S... but I'd probably get my Droid X again.

kmgardner

Reaction score
Just got a new droid i am happy how much more faster do we need geez! Between this and the Iphone it has everything. I prefer the droid to the Iphone but both are great, what matters is does your local provider help and service you. If you have questions can you get them answered. It seems both products are doing there best to service these areas. In my area Verizon even has classes for the droid.

aklabs

Reaction score
I got the D2G and am very happy with it. I came from a Samsung Flipshot and just fell in love with the sliding keyboard.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Check the homepage here, HTC is set to release their new VZW Droid next week (or at the very least announce it at CES which should give a date). Besides being the 'latest' (i.e. likely faster, if not dual processor) it will be 4G (if you're in a area that now has 4G). Unless you absolutely need one you should at least wait until CES and see what's announced (going to be a LOT).

Also might want to check with a local corp store to see when 4G is scheduled in your area (if not already). Be a shame to get a new 3G phone if 4G will be in your area within that period and you can get a 4G model (will be interesting to see if the 4G phones are available everywhere or just in 4G coverage areas).

Last edited:

mrdroid

Reaction score
I really hope we see LTE handheld devices in Q1 2011. If I were purchasing right now though I'd definitely go with Galaxy S. I've owned D1, DInc and DX. I like the DX also but the size and shape of the Galaxy S just wins for me.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
which one would it be?
I'd still have the same requirements for purchase: LTE and dual cores. Buy based on your own needs/wants, not mine or anyone else's.

Iowa

Reaction score
which one would it be?
I'd still have the same requirements for purchase: LTE and dual cores. Buy based on your own needs/wants, not mine or anyone else's.

+1

I have a Dinc and got it last week...wouldn't do anything differently! Don't have the money for a new plan and LOVE the size and speed of this phone.

Do what is right for you :)

dancedroid