Armband Case (exercise purposes)

rmcray08

Reaction score
I have an Innocase on mine, makes it hard to use an armband with, but I got the Seidio holster and clipped it onto an old armband I had for my Zune (sans the sleeve and clip), and it holds good enough for me!

I'm curious about the Seidio holster. I've never found armbands to be comfortable enough to use regularly, however, for my iPod I have a great case/belt clip combo that I love to take running. Does anyone have experience using the Seidio case/holster combo in doing something active like running? I'm just nervous that the Droid might pop out of the holster and that's a thought that gives me night terrors.

pdoxsey

Reaction score

theoverman

Reaction score
In my head I always pictured an exercise/outdoor case something like this:

Wrist%20Coach%20OD%20Dbl.jpg

called a "wrist coach", like they use in the nfl.

Baney27

Reaction score
Just found a iphone 3g s case at best buy made by rocket fish, for $15.99 today. Works great, open screen too. it is definitely for a "naked" droid, but i use the aluminum case, so it is no problem to open it up and take it out. The sides pull away, and bow out a bit when you tighten it on your arm, but there is good overlap on the top and the bottom, so this is not a problem at all. I ran tonight, and messed with it for about an hour afterward, and see no way the phone will come out, AT ALL (imo). Its obviously not perfect, but for now, this case looks like the way to go, i would definitely recommend this case until a droid specific one comes out...

Last edited:

husker_fan

Reaction score
Quick update on the Sportband case I posted about a page or so back.

It works great with my Seidio case, very comfortable to wear, I just ordered another one for my fiance. If you search around on amazon you can find them for 30 or even 4 dollars.

I did not try it with body glove, but my fiance has a big case and she can get it into the armabnd by stuffing it in there, like i said on the other post, its more of a pouch becuase you cannot access buttons, but not an issue for me.

Viktor Vaughn

Reaction score
Quick update on the Sportband case I posted about a page or so back.

It works great with my Seidio case, very comfortable to wear, I just ordered another one for my fiance. If you search around on amazon you can find them for 30 or even 4 dollars.

I did not try it with body glove, but my fiance has a big case and she can get it into the armabnd by stuffing it in there, like i said on the other post, its more of a pouch becuase you cannot access buttons, but not an issue for me.

How long is the arm band? I have pretty big arms (mostly flab) and have difficulty with the length of most straps

cyber3dx

Reaction score
Hmmmm, I like the wrist coach idea! My Droid Blue-tooth sucks if the phone is in my pocket. I have to hold it in my right hand if using the BT earpiece. A forearm or upper arm case would be great

mdhuber25

Reaction score
In my head I always pictured an exercise/outdoor case something like this:

Wrist%20Coach%20OD%20Dbl.jpg

called a "wrist coach", like they use in the nfl.

this is exactly what i want, something to mount on my forearm so i dont have to contort my arm and neck midrun to try and navigate apps.

mdhuber25

Reaction score
Just found a iphone 3g s case at best buy made by rocket fish, for $15.99 today. Works great, open screen too. it is definitely for a "naked" droid, but i use the aluminum case, so it is no problem to open it up and take it out. The sides pull away, and bow out a bit when you tighten it on your arm, but there is good overlap on the top and the bottom, so this is not a problem at all. I ran tonight, and messed with it for about an hour afterward, and see no way the phone will come out, AT ALL (imo). Its obviously not perfect, but for now, this case looks like the way to go, i would definitely recommend this case until a droid specific one comes out...
that case has horrible reviews through best buy. also, it looks like it has molds on the front specifically made for the iphone that might interfere with the droid's bottom row of buttons?

0x1a4

Reaction score
that case has horrible reviews through best buy. also, it looks like it has molds on the front specifically made for the iphone that might interfere with the droid's bottom row of buttons?

It does block the droids buttons. It's a nice enough case for an iPhone, though. I gave mine to a friend with an iPhone.

It's getting warmer, i hope someone comes out with a made for droid band sometime soon....

iPirate

Reaction score
I got this one:

Amazon.com: Belkin Lillian Dual-Fit Armband Case for iPod touch 2G, 3G (Black): Electronics

It fits my arm if I use the furthest loop from the phone. It is scary to have it hanging on with some velcro... I'm going to try to run with it but I'm going to safety pin the band so if the velcro gives my phone doesnt fall to the ground.

Not an ideal size, but I have difficulty finding anything made for arms to fit so I'll have to settle. I'll respond after I run!

I used it for a quick run. The velcro did not let go but I felt better having the safety pin and will probably keep it there. It was a little snug around my arm but my arm was not a different color when I finished running.

Side question, does anyone know if GPS has difficulty connecting when the phone is attached to an arm?

Last edited:

GregBe

Reaction score
I was all set to go with the Belkin one, even though the fit is really too tight, but last night I found this one from Griffin at Target. Amazon.com: Aerosport iPhone 3G/3GS: Musical Instruments

My droid is naked, and fits this case great. It slides all the way in, snug, but not too tight. The screen works fine. The Griffin screen pulls away from the Droid screen slightly, so you have to press the Griffin screen against the Droid screen, but it is fine. Much better fit than the Belkin.

sockmess

Reaction score
all i know is belkin sport armband, is not made for the dorid. Sure the dorid can fit in there but because of the thickness of the dorid its impossible for anyone with a decent amount of muscle or too much flab on the arm to wear. I think anything that was made for ipod/iphone is just too thin for people with large arms when they jam their dorids into it.