Armband Case (exercise purposes)

giv1tatry

Reaction score
i have talked with it inside the armband without removing it, so yeah, you can talk with it inside the armband. i run it with my bluetooth headphones though, but i have talked with it inside the armband. so far so good, been at the gym with it all this week.

Geofferson

Reaction score
Anyone know if there are any armband's in development specifically for the Droid? Maybe by Seidio, Verizon or Motorola themselves?

Else, the Belkin DualFit seems to be the best bet at the moment for what is currently on the market.

Viktor Vaughn

Reaction score
Anyone know if there are any armband's in development specifically for the Droid? Maybe by Seidio, Verizon or Motorola themselves?

Else, the Belkin DualFit seems to be the best bet at the moment for what is currently on the market.

Yeah, sorta been holding out for droid specific but not sure how long I can wait.

wakeb791

Reaction score
I have an Innocase on mine, makes it hard to use an armband with, but I got the Seidio holster and clipped it onto an old armband I had for my Zune (sans the sleeve and clip), and it holds good enough for me!

skidemn

Reaction score

I have been using this one I purchased on Amazon about a month ago:
Amazon.com: Tune Belt Sport Armband for iPhone 3GS and More (Fits iPhone 3G / 2G / 1G, Blackberry Bold / Curve / Storm, Palm Pre and many more): Electronics
Here's the pic:
51T03M9zxuL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

If you use the Droid with no case this holder fits pretty damn well and I'd say it is the case of choice for naked Droids. If you use the Droid with a case as I do, it does fit but it is a bit tricky to get the phone in and it is not quite perfect.

First the good:
Holds naked Droid like a glove
Has a Velcro cord holder so you can keep excess headphone cord from dangling
The holding part is fitted and sewn on the outside of the armband so that unlike cheap holders, this one does not force the phone into your bicep- it sits nicely on the outside and does not interfere with movement
If you use a bluetooth headset as I do, then this is a really clean looking solution

The bad:
With a case it is tricky to get the phone inside
Touch screen is less sensitive since you have to press through the plastic screen cover
Would be nice with a locker key compartment but I put mine behind the phone for now
Volume button is difficult to adjust

Overall I like this gym armband for my Droid and I recommend it!

Viktor Vaughn

Reaction score

I have been using this one I purchased on Amazon about a month ago:
Amazon.com: Tune Belt Sport Armband for iPhone 3GS and More (Fits iPhone 3G / 2G / 1G, Blackberry Bold / Curve / Storm, Palm Pre and many more): Electronics
Here's the pic:
51T03M9zxuL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

If you use the Droid with no case this holder fits pretty damn well and I'd say it is the case of choice for naked Droids. If you use the Droid with a case as I do, it does fit but it is a bit tricky to get the phone in and it is not quite perfect.

First the good:
Holds naked Droid like a glove
Has a Velcro cord holder so you can keep excess headphone cord from dangling
The holding part is fitted and sewn on the outside of the armband so that unlike cheap holders, this one does not force the phone into your bicep- it sits nicely on the outside and does not interfere with movement
If you use a bluetooth headset as I do, then this is a really clean looking solution

The bad:
With a case it is tricky to get the phone inside
Touch screen is less sensitive since you have to press through the plastic screen cover
Would be nice with a locker key compartment but I put mine behind the phone for now
Volume button is difficult to adjust

Overall I like this gym armband for my Droid and I recommend it!

Thanks for the feedback and nice write-up!

daoist

Reaction score
I have the belkin one. It works fine, only problem I have is the armband is almost too small for my arm. (Not bragging, I'm currently a fat guy trying to turn into a body builder :) )

A wrist wrap would be awesome.

Fresh330

Reaction score
Anyone know a good case with a clip for working out? I like that neoprene material with a clear plastic cover but I'm not a fan of the armband. I don't like my hands all over my phone while I'm working out.

I used a similar case on my iPod Touch. Thing is the droid doesn't fit well and the clear plastic is sort of warped (left it in my car, in the sun during a hot summer afternoon).

pdoxsey

Reaction score
I just found one at the New Balance store... Fits my Droid with the body glove case one it...

Mercutio

Reaction score
This thing weighs a ton. If you're running long distance, you're probably not going to use a Droid as your media device.

If you're in a gym or playing a sport, I'd recommend bluetooth headphones and placing your Droid beside you on the ground.

JFrawls

Reaction score
This thing weighs a ton. If you're running long distance, you're probably not going to use a Droid as your media device.

If you're in a gym or playing a sport, I'd recommend bluetooth headphones and placing your Droid beside you on the ground.

No way can't risk the phone getting kicked or a weight dropped on it... or even swiped.

Mercutio

Reaction score

No way can't risk the phone getting kicked or a weight dropped on it... or even swiped.

That's legit. I only workout in a private gym, so don't need to worry about that.

Nice having neither wires nor the weight of it bothering me though.