Arm band and case for working out

Chocula78

Reaction score
I want to get an arm band and case so that I can use my droid for my workout. I am sure others will eventually want to do this same, so use this thread to talk about those types of cases. I really like arm bands that don't need me to take my phone out of the silicone case.

I know one that doesn't work already. I bought the Arkon Sports Armband (for large smartphones) on Amazon. It's not tall enough for the phone. It definitely doesn't fit with my silicone case on the Razr. Without the Razr the case barely fits....you really have to work the phone into it. The touch screen works through the plastic cover, but the cover is not tight to the phone's screen, so it's still difficult to operate the phone.

I'm going to try the Amphipod Armpod. Bionic owners in the forum swore by this working well with their phones. I'll report back in a week or two about how well it does with the Razr.

hiimjered

Reaction score
I ordered two cases for my droid:

The "Tune Belt Sport Armband for Droid X, HTC ThunderBolt, Samsung Galaxy S & more (fits larger smartphones and some phones in protective cases)" from amazon didn't fit the phone. It was too narrow. I could slip the naked phone in the band, but the phone being so wide pushed the front of the case away from the phone and made it awkward to use.

The "Armband for Otterbox Droid X Defender Series Case by Tune Belt (Also fits Otterbox Defender Series cases for HTC Desire, EVO 4G, Thunderbolt, Droid Pr" from Amazon fits ok. It is a little loose with no case, but I can actually fit my Razr with the Otterbox Defender case in the armband. I'm keeping this case and giving my wife the other for her Rezound.

Venable

Reaction score
I ordered two cases for my droid:

The "Tune Belt Sport Armband for Droid X, HTC ThunderBolt, Samsung Galaxy S & more (fits larger smartphones and some phones in protective cases)" from amazon didn't fit the phone. It was too narrow. I could slip the naked phone in the band, but the phone being so wide pushed the front of the case away from the phone and made it awkward to use.

This one works OK for me. It's not perfect but gets the job done.

If there were a better option I would consider switching.

chasklink

Reaction score
Hi. I'm new on this forum. Was wondering if anyone had any updated information on armbands for the Razr, especially when using the Otterbox Defender case? TIA.

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
Been trying to find one for my wife's Bionic also. That first link looked good until I read the 10th review down and almost fell out of my chair laughing. Guess I'll keep looking until solid reviews of being waterproof are found, that's more important than if it looks chic.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using DroidForums