Area code being added

masterxchief

Reaction score
I'm rooted and running BB V0.4 and its been working fine until recently. When I try to call a number without adding an area code and that is not in my contacts, a 617 area code gets appended to the beginning of the number after I press call.

I tried uninstalling recently installed apps but that did not work. Also I restored my phone erasing everything and reinstalling the rom. It worked fine last night after I did the restore and put all my apps back on but this morning it happened again.

Has anyone had this issue or know how to fix it?

naman919

Reaction score
this might be a dumb question, but needs to be asked.

Is your number a 617 number? Are you outside the 617 area?

I live in Richmond, VA but have a 919 area code (Raleigh, NC) and if i dial a number not in my phone book it will append 919 to the beginning b/c it reverts to your number's origin if an area code isn't included. *inhale*

Dunno if that's your issue, but just a thought hopefully already considered.

Tell me if you find the answer.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Do you use Google Voice?

jasoncardenas21

Reaction score
Mine started doing the exact same thing today, same 617 area code and everything. Let me know if you find out anything, I'll keep an eye on this.

OP
masterxchief

masterxchief

Reaction score
I ended up moving off BB V0.4 and I deleted all the games I had installed from DroidHen and some penguin hitting game. Also I got rid of the cachecleaner app and AdFree.

I uninstalled all that stuff and then clean installed LithMod and the problem went away and never came back. I'm not sure which one of those apps it was or if it was the rom but if you have any of those apps then they are probably malicious.

Edit: I see you are on a Droid X, so I am guessing its one of the apps.

jasoncardenas21

Reaction score
I'm on Droid X and don't have any custom ROMS installed. I uninstalled everything that I've put on it today and nothing has changed.

This is confusing the hell out of me though.

Thegodmachine

Reaction score
Are you rooted?

This is really really strange!! I am having the EXACT same problem. I am rooted on a Droid X and in the last 2 days my default area code has become 617 (Boston) it is very very frustrating. Has anyone found a solution?

jasoncardenas21

Reaction score
I ended up resetting to factory cause I couldn't get rid of it. I just started over and it's obviously working now.