Are there any good apps for finding directions?

kingfish

Reaction score
I used to have a SAMSUNG OMNIA which used microsoft's Live Search which I could speak into and get directions. It also had movie theater info that would also give me directions to the theaters. Is there anything really good that I can use with google maps in order to find locations? Thanks.

long press the little magnifying glass and say "find ______" to get a map, "navigate to _______" to use navi. is that what you want?

I use Aloqa...that works for things like fast food, movies, etc. You can also use Movies just for theaters...and really you can do a Google search then choose get directions and it will open up Google Maps.

Just use the Google voice search app that came with your phone. Experiment with it and you'll find it works really well!

long press the little magnifying glass and say "find ______" to get a map, "navigate to _______" to use navi. is that what you want?

Thanks but that only opens google on the net. It doesnt give any directions

actually if you say "find _______" it opens maps and "navigate to _______" opens navi. try it out. if you just say "best buy" that is a web search, but say "find Best buy" and you get map of best buy, and finaly if you say "navigate to best buy" it goes into navgation

this is how the phone works. it has to connect to the internet to know what you're searching for. Live! worked the exact same way. the only apps that ever did/do anything different were apps with POIs built in like Garmin.

you WANT google to search for your results. once uncovered, select get directions and then navigate.

this is how the phone works. it has to connect to the internet to know what you're searching for. Live! worked the exact same way. the only apps that ever did/do anything different were apps with POIs built in like Garmin.

you WANT google to search for your results. once uncovered, select get directions and then navigate.

I dont see how google helps. As an example, I say "navigate mcdonalds" and google pops up with "navigate to mcdonalds" on the search bar. However, everything listed is all about different mcdonalds searches. Its as though I went to my pc and typed "navigate to mcdonalds". Its not giving directions to the nearest mcdonalds. Live Search gave directions to the nearest of what you wanted.

from the home screen press and hold the little magnifying glass until a box pops up that says "speak now" then say "Navigate to mcDonalds"

LOL I've been using the Car Home link to do all this... never thought of saying Navigate to Cheesecake Factory but it worked amazingly well.

Hold DOWN the magnifying glass for a few seconds. Otherwise it will just search.

Yep, it sounds to me like you're not holding the search button long enough. If you hold it long enough, a 'speak now' box should pop up.

Back