Apps open later after I close them.

BishopNoble

Reaction score
Hello again. So I use the advanced task killer to close all my unused apps. So once I'm done with that, none of my apps SHOULD be running. But after an hour or so, things like my alarm clock, company calendar, and other random apps are open (sometimes multiple of the same app).

This could be why customers are experiencing horrible over-night battery life. They shut down everything only to find them open in the morning. Who knows how long they've been on. I can understand that certain programs may turn on to check the status of something or other, but it should shut itself down. Or not turn on in the first place, or any combination.

Maybe a coding issue where it would be something like "if not open, open app, check status. Then close." But to open the app and leave it open is poor planning I think. -shrugs- It just seems like a loose thread in a fine suit.

OP
B

BishopNoble

Reaction score
Thanks! I was actually reading this thread when you responded. You can lock mine, but I may post another later after I test some of these settings. I noticed that my background apps went from 3% battery usage to 15%. Dunno why, but I do know that task killer didn't reduce that number at all :)